Droid RAZR MAXX won't update to JB

iS3AN

Reaction score
Hi Droidforums!
First off, I'm sorry if this is a repost because I'm relatively new here, and if someone can just post a link concerning about my problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

Anyways, I'm currently using a Droid RAZR MAXX running 4.0.4 (6.16.211) ICS. For about a couple months, I've been trying to update to JB with no success. Every time I press "System updates" and let my phone update, it always reboots saying that the update has failed. After continually trying this, I eventually downloaded the update and placed it in my SD card, and tried to manually update my phone via recovery mode. I would choose "apply update from external storage". However, this wouldn't still update my phone. This is how the error line shows up:

Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check ("/system/fonts/DroidS
ansFallback.ttf", "3ecc4005dc8998157f34e75996e206a8f3f
3213e", "5d5585db75d4aa85ba71fb433422c2a756c0c3d0")
E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

A couple months ago I have rooted my phone, and it may be because I have deleted stock apps that may be needed. I also replaced the "DroidSansFallback.ttf" file so my phone can see iPhone emojis. Other than that, I have no other idea why this error would occur.
I guess what I'm really looking for is a definite answer. Do I need to wipe my whole phone and put it back into factory settings, unroot the phone, find my old "DroidSansFallback.ttf" file, etc.? Thanks in advance if you could find the problem, and if further information is needed, I can provide.

Scimino

Reaction score
Check out Foxcat's/ mattyp's classroom for jb leak. You can find it by going into the RAZR forums, then RAZR support, click the sticky tab and I think its the second or third tread down. There are two classrooms. You want the one that says jb leak in it not the .215 class. Sorry I didnt specify which website. Its on this website. Sorry I'm not exactly sure how to give you the link. Its not hard to find and it explains in detail exactly what u need to do. I hope this helps.

OP
I

iS3AN

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into it and get back to this post to see if it helped or not!

OP
I

iS3AN

Reaction score
Hey guys, this totally helped me out! Thanks