Swype stopped working

i can read

Reaction score
Swype on my phone just randomly stopped working and I dont know what to do. I can hit each individual letter but when I try to run my finger across the letters it beeps at me and the keyboard flashed blue. Does anyone know how to fix this???

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. You need to license it. Go back to the installer. There should be a Get License button. Push it and follow the instructions. Make sure you have your beta id (email) and pw correct because it will ask for it.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
That has happened to me sometimes and I've used 2 solutions:

First I go to the Settings>Language & Keyboard, uncheck Swype, use the stock keyboard a couple of times and then return and select Swype.

Second is like LoneWolfArcher suggested. I still have the installer installed and when the first solution doesn't work I'd go to the Swype app and cleared the data. Then I went to the installer and had it generate a new license.

OP
i can read

i can read

Reaction score
Thanks for the help i judt reinstalled swype and it worked fine

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

That is a temporary fix. It will happen again because when you install it you go into a trial period. You have to license it using your beta email and pw for a permanent fix.

Same thing happened to me about a month ago, I reinstalled. 2 weeks later it happened again. That is when I licensed it and now am doing the :icon_ banana: dance.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score

That is a temporary fix. It will happen again because when you install it you go into a trial period. You have to license it using your beta email and pw for a permanent fix.

Same thing happened to me about a month ago, I reinstalled. 2 weeks later it happened again. That is when I licensed it and now am doing the :icon_ banana: dance.

Okay, after sending this I rebooted my phone. Swype quit working! GRRR! I had to reinstall again.

Not sure what is causing this.

mamawm

Reaction score
Lonewolf, for what it's worth, i had to completely uninstall swype and the installer and go back to swype and have them resend me the activation email. at least it's working again, i've been without for almost a week.:angry:

mamawm

Reaction score
and after all that, i still have to reinstall every time i reboot my phone.:icon_evil:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
and after all that, i still have to reinstall every time i reboot my phone.:icon_evil:

Yep me too. Not sure what is happening with Swype. I don't even remember an update to it? Could it be an issue with licensing due to flashing ROMs??

oddtree

Reaction score
Registration during install seems to work

Thanks for the post - I guess I just completely skipped the licensing step when I installed.

I was able to go to Swype Installer in my applications still, and then it required that I set my keyboard default back to the normal android ones before generating the license. After recompleting the install it did remember my swype settings from before though.