Swype app

kdw11005

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good, free swype app. I was using one I really liked but it was a free trial & I don't want to pay for swype on my TB

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
There's an app on the market called SlideIt. But talk about getting Swype in any other way than applying for the beta version from their website isn't allowed in the forum. The last I saw, the beta is still open.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
Thanks! Slideit is the app i had. How do i get the beta?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

jaben2

Reaction score
Don't bother getting the beta version. It works for a little while, then quits working. It also doesn't auto space. Look around and find the older version apk. It is version1.60.36.8214' this version actually works.

jaben2

Reaction score
If you go to the thunderbolt forum and search swype, you will find a topic called best swype app. Go to the second page, and find the link for the updated evo swype apk. Follow the link, and it will bring you to the the install instructions, and download link. Good luck.
I should have read the second post, didn't realize we couldn't talk abou the swype app. Feel free to delete. My bad.

Last edited:

iRenegade

Reaction score
Don't bother getting the beta version. It works for a little while, then quits working. It also doesn't auto space. Look around and find the older version apk. It is version1.60.36.8214' this version actually works.

The beta link was still open the last time I checked!
As for the fix for the swype freeze, press and hold the "type to compose" window, press "input method", switch to "touch input" and then switch back to the "swype" option.
There is an option window that comes up when you tap the Swype button on the keyboard that will let you customize for spacing, capitalization, etc.
My version is:
2.29.71.20203.t100

HTH!