switching email addresses ... what do to with existing checkout account

zero7404

Reaction score
i have google checkout linked to my current gmail, but i want to switch my email address to another and delete my existing account. is it possible to restore all my apps to the phone with something like mybackup pro ?

the new account will not have any apps purchased in checkout, so i am not sure of how the phone will handle this .... would i be able to force market links back using titanium ?

so i am going from one gmail email address to another gmail email address.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
anyone else did this?

posted via android

-iD

Reaction score
Search factory reset mate in the market to reinstall apps.

If u r rooted, TiBu will restore your apps' data.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
from what ive found so far, google wont allow transferring purchases between accounts. so i had to keep the email address if i wanted the market to remember my apps.

the workaround is to use titanium backup pro to save your apps. u can later restore, as well as force market links. not sure how that would work exactly when u r trying to re establish market links from an account that has no purchased apps.

i think google is thinking anti-piracy here but i'm not the pirate ...

so although i wanted to delete my original gmail account with google, i've kept it anyway just for this reason. ill ask the titanium pro dev if they can change registered user email addresses in the market.

sent via android