Superuser

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This updated Superuser sucks. I can't get Superuser access because it keeps denying everything I have tried everything... including uninstalling updates any help?

CM7, DSX & ICX via Boot Manager

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe I read it has to do with a version of busybox? needs to be <1.18? I could be wrong.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't know why it did that but I somehow got it fixed by installing the ROM over itself, uninstalling superuser and then re installing all my appear that require root... I think my X is beginning to hate me

CM7, DSX & ICX via Boot Manager

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I hate this ****. Its done it on 3 different ROMs. It didn't matter on 2nd init because I didn't need root to access clockwork recovery. But now I am stuck on a regular ROM because I can't get superuser! Superuser update fixer doesn't work because its designed retardedly in such a way that you need root access to use it

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty fluent with sbf'ing haha. Did it 5 times in the last couple of days alone...

I was able to get into CWR by battery pulls and turning it on and off. I restored a DSX backup and am just gonna leave it there... I guess my phone can't handle boot manager.

DSX

clueless77

Reaction score
Yeah I wanted to try that out, but having to have a 2nd init rom as primary was a problem

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I wanted to try that out, but having to have a 2nd init rom as primary was a problem

Its really a sick app. I just don't think my phone can handle it. Its being gay lately.

DSX

clueless77

Reaction score
Well as of a little bit ago I was finally able to sbf froyo successfully and am running ssx 2.1

My question is can I run a gb ROM using boot manager on the froyo kernel and I mean true gb 4.5.602 or does it have to be strictly froyo

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, you have to be running a 2nd init ROM that has the GB kernel. Such as Revnumber's CM7 builds, the new MIUI or OMFGB. After you setup the phone ROM, then install the GB ROMs in the slots. A word of caution though, .596 based ROMs have issues and need to be installed with a nandroid backup. Its a bug that they are working on.

DSX