Superuser Permissions Icon change?

sports96

Reaction score
Has the Superuser Permissions Icon changed? Mine looks like a Droid head with cross bones under the head.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It was probably changed by the dev of your rom or theme.

xliderider

Reaction score
Yeah that is the icon for ChainsDD's version of the Superuser.apk, or something like that IIRC.

I think I saw it briefly when I tried out Easy Root. But now I'm back to the ninja Guy. ;)

harrellj

Reaction score
That should be for version 2.3 of Superuser and the ninja is for 2.2.

harrellj

Reaction score
I can say that CM6 RC3 has the new su version :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Here is the link to the original XDA thread on the new superuser:

[APP] Superuser 2.3.4 - Now on the Market [2010-08-15] - xda-developers

You will note that the application is availabale in the market now, but apparently it was down for a bit. I actually installed it last night as a test of something else, but it is a little bit tricky to do. The reason being is that I had to delete my current SU to get the market to install. Obviously this leaves you without root access while you are doing the upgrade to the market version, so you would HAVE to have a nandroid or CM backup ready to roll, just in case the market install borks (mine did not the second time I tried). The first time, I did something wrong on my side, and had no superuser apk, even though I just renamed it to back. With no root explorer I could not rename back. I guess adb would work, but still proceed carefully.

Craig