SuperAMOLED vs iPhone4's Retina display?

gmorano

Reaction score
Most of you know that the iPhone's Retina is probably the most talked up screen in the industry nowadays, any info on how the SGS2's SuperAMOLED display stacks up against it?

Sent from my DROID2

kyler13

Reaction score
Super AMOLED Plus >>> Retina Display

It beats it hands down in contrast, matches it in outdoor visibility, and by the end of the year, will be running circles around it with both qHD and HD resolutions available.

OP
G

gmorano

Reaction score

It beats it hands down in contrast, matches it in outdoor visibility, and by the end of the year, will be running circles around it with both qHD and HD resolutions available.

it does come with gorilla glass too right?

bigdad63

Reaction score

it does come with gorilla glass too right?

I think so, but check Corning's site.

PolyOlefin

Reaction score
Both displays come with Gorilla Glass.

LG's "retina" display is currently unmatched in pixel density, because of the resolution and its relatively small 3.5" size. Samsung's Super AMOLED+ has incredible color contrast, though color reproduction is not quite accurate (blue tint). Both displays have their respective strengths.

Personally, I think Sammy has the upper hand with their proprietary OLED tech; higher resolutions are only a matter of time. Really, the only undeniable takeaway here is that Korean tech companies really know what they're doing.