Iphone4s or Razr Maxx?

Klaista2k

Reaction score
Ok I know this is probably not the best site to ask about this. lol

Anyway I recently picked up an Iphone4s, and it's actually a really solid device. There's certainly a lot I like about it. The retina display, the sound quality, camera, just overall sexy build,etc.

But I also would like a device with more power, bigger screen, etc. Web browsing pretty much sucks on the 4s because of the small screen!

Should I go ahead and exchange it for the Razr Maxx?

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
You could trade it in for a bigger phone or buy a magnifying glass. Seriously the iPhone isn't a bad phone, IMHO it's not as nice or versatile as an Android. I'd gladly put my Rezound against a 4s any day of the week. I've already had two iPhone users comment on how nice the Rezound is. And when they saw some pictures I had taken with my phone their jaws dropped. One girl said that after seeing the Rezound that she bought the wrong phone. So yes I would say dump the iPhone. But I'd give the Rezound a look too.

Sent from my HTC Rezound infused with ice cream goodness using Droid Forums.

huskur

Reaction score
I gave the iPhone 4S a shot for a couple months. It was a no go for me. I wanted to see what the craze was on the Apple line of products. iphone 4S is a solid device. It does 1 thing at a time and does it well. Where as the droids multitask like crazy and are capable of much more than the iPhone could ever think of. I traded my 4S in on the Maxx and couldn't be happier. (the 4G is nice to ;) )

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
If nothing else I couldn't deal with having to to sync to iTunes every time I want to change something. I'm going to second the recommendation for the Rezound, especially if you pick up the extended battery.

troutbeck27

Reaction score
The one thing that is keeping me from going to an IPhone 4S is the tethering capability and rooting vs jailbreaking. I don't use tethering a lot and when I/we do use it, it is sparingly. It is nice when the wife and I are traveling and we can tether the laptop either in the car or in a hotel that wants to charge you $10-$15 a day.

I don't know if there is any truth to this or not but, I heard/read that with an Iphone Verizon can tell whether you are tethering and will send you a warning about it and telling you to add it to your plan if you want to continue to use it. I believe that there is no way for Verizon to tell is you are tethering on a android device.

Anyone know if this is correct?

Bang Pow Boom

Reaction score
huskur said:
I gave the iPhone 4S a shot for a couple months. It was a no go for me. I wanted to see what the craze was on the Apple line of products. iphone 4S is a solid device. It does 1 thing at a time and does it well. Where as the droids multitask like crazy and are capable of much more than the iPhone could ever think of. I traded my 4S in on the Maxx and couldn't be happier. (the 4G is nice to ;) )

Same here, had the 4s a few months and switched to the Maxx. I went from the Droid 1 to the iphone to see what the hype was. My wife has her iPhone and is really jealous of my Maxx.

If you're not into playing with the OS of your phone, want really good pictures and really like siri (no android app comes close) then the iphone will be your best bet.

mapd00d

Reaction score
According to me you are going in wrong way because it's not a great deal for anybody to dump Apple iPhone 4S just because of little big display. An Apple iPhone 4S is amazing mobile phone so you not to switch it for Razer mexx and if you do so it's worse deal for anybody who just quitting Apple brand device and thinking to purchase any cheap ones.

They didn't say they'd dump apple for a cheap phone. They specifically mentioned the Razr Maxx.

I would also suggest that you never trust someone who calls it a "razer mexx"

OP
K

Klaista2k

Reaction score

The only thing that's sort of holding me back is the screen.

I saw it in the store and it didn't look that sharp.

Are you happy with the screen?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think someone's title needs to be changed from Junior Droid to Junior Troll :happy3:

Natey2

Reaction score