Super Dumb Question

PARick

Reaction score
How di I get to transfer files to my sd card on this ROM? When I hoop my USB cable to the phone, I don't get the option to enable storage. It also doesn't show up as a device on my computer. I know I am just missing something. Thanks!

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Go to Settings --> System --> PC / Sync Settings.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Did that. Changed the default from charge only to mount sd card. Still nothing. This has me perplexed. I am sure I am missing something simple. have even rebooted to no avail.

toastedoats

Reaction score
have you tried another cable? I have had weird issues with specific cables

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Cable is good. Phone is mounted. Computer shows USB is connected. I just can't turn on USB storage on the phone.

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Even though it says USB CONNECTED you still need to select that and then select TURN ON USB STORAGE in order for it to see it as an external drive.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Even though it says USB CONNECTED you still need to select that and then select TURN ON USB STORAGE in order for it to see it as an external drive.

LOL, been rooted for a long time. The USB Connected in on the computer, not the phone. Don't get that option on the phone. Have been accessing it ok via ROM Manager. Gotta be something specific to the ROM.

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Hmmm. Weird. I didn't mean to be disrespectful in anyway but I do get that option on my phone and even though it says it's connected, I still have to hit that function to turn the USB storage on. Sorry about that.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Hmmm. Weird. I didn't mean to be disrespectful in anyway but I do get that option on my phone and even though it says it's connected, I still have to hit that function to turn the USB storage on. Sorry about that.

Hey, no problem. I hope I didn't imply that you were. I am grateful for any help. I just put that in thee in case someone else saw the post and assumed I was a noob. It is odd, because I get the USB DeBugging in the notification bar, but nothing related to storage. It's a pain to keep using Recovery to install to the SD card, but I guess I can continue.

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
No worries. You didn't, just wanted you to know I was not trying to insult. I have noticed that there are a few issues that the developers don't reply to very quickly. And on a different note, I was definitely not going to change the whole format of my contacts numbers just to get the new release to work correctly with the SMS. I'm still at 1.4.29

I also wish that they could fix the MMS with video that has been an outstanding issue that they know about for many, many releases but that appears to be one that will never get fixed. I like the ROM so much that I just accepted that it doesn't work and then hope that none of my friends send me an MMS with video. Although, I'm finding out that more of my friends do send them recently. So I've been asking them to send it to my gmail email and I'm able to play it there. It's usually my son showing me his kick azz bowling game or something. lol

cowsquad

Reaction score
The sms issue it can be easily fix with contacts clean up from the market man. I'm having no issues with that :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
But if I correct the contacts number using that app, what happens when the devs correct this issue?

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
But if I correct the contacts number using that app, what happens when the devs correct this issue?

Make sure you export them to your sd first, then you can reinstall.

phonetool

Reaction score
Try this-

Plug in the USB cord (you expect the pop up on the phone, but don't get it)
Go-
Home>menu>settings>applications>development>USB debugging [] uncheck

Instantly I get the USB mount pop-up on the phone.
check the box again if you want.

Every time I flash an updated ROM I have to do this for every PC I connect the phone to. After doing it once it works like normal. Weird.
D1 on CM7.0.3

There's loads of discussion lately on USB connection issues.