Droid SD Card Problem

rcondley

Reaction score
So everytime I put an sd card in my droid then connect it to my computer through the droin and enable usb storage all it shows on the sd card is shortcuts to all my folders even ones that i have created. Is their a way to access these folder to get the info such as pictures and ect once it says this? Also all the files say the target is "seouj.scr"

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So if you click on the folders nothing is inside?

OP
R

rcondley

Reaction score
no when it wont even open the files, it shows them all their and i can access the properties menu of each one but not the actual folder itself

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
When your phone is not connected to your computer are you able to access the folders with a file manager such as Astor?

OP
R

rcondley

Reaction score
no i do not have astor, however i have tried using a micro sd adapter and just plugging it straight in the computer and it still does the same thing. any micro sd card i put in the droid it makes them all shortcuts.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions...why remove it at all? How many cards do you have?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The shortcuts should be your SD card and you should be able to access with File Explorer double click and see the contents.

Astro is free in the Market. If you download and open tap SD card and you will see you files

OP
R

rcondley

Reaction score
I put in a diff sd card to see if it was the phone that was making them into shortcuts.

OP
R

rcondley

Reaction score
no when i click explore it does nothing at all

OP
R

rcondley

Reaction score
Astro says my sd card is empty as well yet i still have all my pictures and what not showing up on my phone that are on my sd card

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have a Droid 1, right? If so, the pictures taken by the camera will be under DICM and then Camera.

OP
R

rcondley

Reaction score
yea i have the dcim folder but again it just shows it as a shortcut folder that i cant access.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
How exactly do you know that they are shortcuts? How were these folders created on the cards? Did you copy from another card? Is it possible that you created shortcuts while copying instead of actually copying? Have you mounted to another PC? I'd also suggest getting Asto or another file manager to give you another view of the contents of the cards.