Super Dumb Question

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Okay. And here goes my dumb question 2 you......what changes are there from 1.4.29 to the latest release? Sorry for asking but I'm pretty new to MIUI

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Try this-

Plug in the USB cord (you expect the pop up on the phone, but don't get it)
Go-
Home>menu>settings>applications>development>USB debugging [] uncheck

Instantly I get the USB mount pop-up on the phone.
check the box again if you want.

Every time I flash an updated ROM I have to do this for every PC I connect the phone to. After doing it once it works like normal. Weird.
D1 on CM7.0.3

There's loads of discussion lately on USB connection issues.

Thanks, but no dice!

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
Okay. And here goes my dumb question 2 you......what changes are there from 1.4.29 to the latest release? Sorry for asking but I'm pretty new to MIUI

:) The 3 D cube screen option is cool. Also, i get my emails and texts much more consistently on this one. That's all I really noticed. I usually use MIUI to switch to when I get a tad bored of my usual

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
PARick,
I assume you are using the 1.5.6 build? Have you tried flashing again w/o wiping? Are you running any themes?

There was an issue w/ the usb difference between the milestone and droid. The default builds from the Miui devs had a setting in the framework-res that needed to be changed otherwise the droid would not show a notification. This was something that popped up a few weeks ago. Jamezelle actually found the setting that needed adjusted a few weeks ago when we were working on whatever build it was. AFAIK, there haven't been any newer changes to the usb mount in 1.5.6.

OP
PARick

PARick

Reaction score
PARick,
I assume you are using the 1.5.6 build? Have you tried flashing again w/o wiping? Are you running any themes?

There was an issue w/ the usb difference between the milestone and droid. The default builds from the Miui devs had a setting in the framework-res that needed to be changed otherwise the droid would not show a notification. This was something that popped up a few weeks ago. Jamezelle actually found the setting that needed adjusted a few weeks ago when we were working on whatever build it was. AFAIK, there haven't been any newer changes to the usb mount in 1.5.6.

Thanks for responding. Yes 1.5.6. I did reflash without a wipe. I am running the stock theme. However, I did try a few other themes, and same result. I am back to stock now. It is a very odd problem, especially since the debugging shows. It is just time consuming to reboot into recovery to access the storage.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Hmmm. Weird. I didn't mean to be disrespectful in anyway but I do get that option on my phone and even though it says it's connected, I still have to hit that function to turn the USB storage on. Sorry about that.

Hey, no problem. I hope I didn't imply that you were. I am grateful for any help. I just put that in thee in case someone else saw the post and assumed I was a noob. It is odd, because I get the USB DeBugging in the notification bar, but nothing related to storage. It's a pain to keep using Recovery to install to the SD card, but I guess I can continue.

I actually had a similar problem after I flashed a new ROM. The Storage notification wouldn't be there, but the other one would be. All I ended up doing was disconnecting, rebooting, and reconnecting the cable, and it worked. But if I rebooted with the cable already connected, it wouldn't work.

I'm sure you've already rebooted many times, but I thought I'd just share that.

Brandon

kamisan

Reaction score
Same issue here. Cm7 has alot of discussion about just that issue. No clear fix that I saw. Until I saw the discussions I thought it was because I had 3 partitions on my SD card. Ill try unchecking and really checking the debugging option and see if that works.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums