Suggestions: Phone for Daughter

Fabric8r

Reaction score
Hello, I have a Moto Droid, this is the only forum I am a member of (sorry if off topic). My teen daughter has a Verizon LG Chocolate 3, she wants a newer phone/texting with a camera (not a smart phone). She likes a touch screen keyboard like my Droid. What should we look for - say online since stores are nil in our neck of the woods. Thanks for suggestions!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've looked at your post several times. I honestly can't recommend a smart phone for a teen ager. I don't think they should have them

I'd be worried about the easy internet access and not necessarily that she would do something but someone else might. To have something like that unsupervised just isn't a good idea imho.

However it's not my job to tell you how to spend your money or raise your child. If you want to get one for her that's entirely up to you. And trust me there are a lot of teenagers out there with smart phones, it's just my opinion.

GDP

Reaction score
Try looking at something like the Samsung U-370. It's basically the same thing as a Samsung Reality. Depending on her age this might be a good phone. It's not a smart phone but it has a touch screen and is capable of doing some things. It's good for texting from what I hear.

Graymayre

Reaction score
I don't know of any new touchscreen phones that are not smart phones. The multimedia phones they had required a $10 data plan minimum even so. BUT there are great advantages of kids having android and apple phones because you can locate them. Provided they don't learn how to disable it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
F

Fabric8r

Reaction score
I've looked at your post several times. I honestly can't recommend a smart phone for a teen ager. I don't think they should have them ...snip

I agree with you 100% Hookbill! I think I said not a smartphone in my post, but I may not have made it clear. My Daugter has a friend with an LG EnV that she likes, but was asking me if I knew of a phone with a touch screen type of keyboard. Not imperative, she would be happy with the Envy.
I see on line one called a Cosmos. Will also look into the Samsung U-370 mentioned by GDP. Thanks everyone!