Suggestions on where to buy a used 4g phone for the wife...

GadgetRick

Reaction score
With all of this talk about Verizon's horrible shared plan, I wanted to find a good (reputable) place to purchase a used 4g phone for the wife. Her upgrade isn't due until the end of July--about a month after the new plans are in place--and we're grandfathered into the original unlimited data plan. I'd like to hold onto that as long as possible and I believe, by then, the only way to do so is to either purchase a new phone at full list price (ain't gonna happen) or buy a used phone and activate it.

Obviously, I can buy a used phone on eBay but wondering if anyone knows of a good place which specializes in used phones that I can trust.

Thanks.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
swappa is about the pnly place i know of that specializes in phones.. i have had good luck with craigslist as well . go to vzw make sure esn is clean and you will be good to go. remember meet at vzw not someones house.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Call vzw, if your upgrade is that close I'd bet they'll give you an early upgrade to a 4g device. They're handing them out to nearly everybody.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

77Pat

Reaction score
My upgrade is not until the end of July either. I am going to try to get an early upgrade. Otherwise I have been looking at phones on Cowboom (mixed reviews).

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
My upgrade is not until the end of July either. I am going to try to get an early upgrade. Otherwise I have been looking at phones on Cowboom (mixed reviews).

Let us know how it works out.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Was considering asking for an early upgrade but I had thought they weren't doing that like they used to. Also concerned about losing the plan we're on. I'll have to give them a call.

Thanks guys/gals!

77Pat

Reaction score
Let us know how it works out.

No luck in store, they said it would need a supervisor approval and can only be done over the phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No luck in store, they said it would need a supervisor approval and can only be done over the phone.

Call *611 and speak to the rep. Explain the situations, remain humble and courteous, but plead your case. They have far more leverage than stores and can also issue service credits to offset costs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

milski65

Reaction score
Call *611 and speak to the rep. Explain the situations, remain humble and courteous, but plead your case. They have far more leverage than stores and can also issue service credits to offset costs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I second that. And if the first person says no, kindly ask to speak to their supervisor. The worst they can do is say no.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

77Pat

Reaction score
I second that. And if the first person says no, kindly ask to speak to their supervisor. The worst they can do is say no.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Just tried for the first time. They said that the GS3 is in such high demand that they are only accepting orders for those who upgrade now. They did say that I could do an early upgrade with managers approval, but it would need to be a 3G phone (no iPhone because it is in high demand also).

Might try calling back later in the week and see if I could get the Rezound, although my chances do not seem good.

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Just tried for the first time. They said that the GS3 is in such high demand that they are only accepting orders for those who upgrade now. They did say that I could do an early upgrade with managers approval, but it would need to be a 3G phone (no iPhone because it is in high demand also).

Might try calling back later in the week and see if I could get the Rezound, although my chances do not seem good.

I would call again tonight! A friend of mine got an upgrade today, she wasnt due for one until september! (She called 6 times)

77Pat

Reaction score
I would call again tonight! A friend of mine got an upgrade today, she wasnt due for one until september! (She called 6 times)

Do you know what they said to get the upgrade without limitations?

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
Do you know what they said to get the upgrade without limitations?

She kept telling them that she was her phone was about dead and there was no way she could afford full price for a phone to keep her unlimited. The rep that finally gave in said it was because her current phone was a 3G phone. She is upgrading to the Rezound.

77Pat

Reaction score
Tried again this morning and was transferred to tech support to see if you I was eligible for an m2 upgrade. They said I was, but could not preorder the s3. I chose the rezound, although I had to pay 199 and tax.