Suddenly not able to access Comcast internet with my Droid

TomToren

Reaction score
I've had a Samsung Galaxy 3 for about a week now. When I turned it on first it connected immediately to my Comcast service wifi. Suddenly today the signal started getting weaker and weaker and is now off altogether. I'm still connecting to wifi away from home, in Starbucks and the DMV even, but nothing here. Any easy fixes?

OP
T

TomToren

Reaction score
I reset it, restarted the router and there's no change. Right now it comes and goes but is never very strong. I spent four days housesitting for some friends and used their wifi and all was well, and now I get back here and it's suddenly weak. The wifi area in settings says "Comcast not in range" while I'm sitting five feet away from the Comcast box.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It's a router issue. Some Samsung devices are known to be kinda picky with router settings. Is your router set to mixed mode? If so, if you only have wireless N devices, then change settings to 802.11n only as opposed to mixed mode.

Also, disable auto channel scan if you have that feature. Pick a channel like 1 or 11.

See if that helps.

OP
T

TomToren

Reaction score
Thanks.
I'm afraid all I've got for a router is a Cisco Comcast box with an inset reset button on the back so I'm at a loss as to how to change its setting other than hitting that button.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Thanks.
I'm afraid all I've got for a router is a Cisco Comcast box with an inset reset button on the back so I'm at a loss as to how to change its setting other than hitting that button.

Try typing in this address in your browser 192.168.1.1

See if you can access router settings there.