Droid 4 stopped receiving Comcast email messages

contractslady

Reaction score
I was a Blackberry user for 6 years, when my contract came up this year, I was all set to get another Blackberry. When I called Verizon to place my order (had to give up my unlimited data plan), the technician convinced me to get a Droid 4 instead. Well he was very convincing and now I have a Droid 4 for about 2 months now. Everything was going pretty well, until 2 weeks ago when my Comcast email started coming in infrequently, then suddenly this week, no Comcast email at all. Called Verizon and they suggested deleting the account and adding it back. Did this and then could not get the account set back up - "couldn't connect to the server" message was all I got. Called Comcast, they gave me the same advice - still no connection. 3 days later when I returned to my office, I was suddenly able to connect to the server. The account worked for about 8 hours - now I am back to not getting any email. They arrive on my computer, but not my phone. I have no problem receiving my work email through the exchange server. I have talked to my IT department and they assure me it is not a problem on their end.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I see from other threads there have been problems with Hotmail. I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake moving from my Blackberry, which I have had absolutely no problems with.

Any help would be appreciated.

outsid0r

Reaction score
I was a Blackberry user for 6 years, when my contract came up this year, I was all set to get another Blackberry. When I called Verizon to place my order (had to give up my unlimited data plan), the technician convinced me to get a Droid 4 instead. Well he was very convincing and now I have a Droid 4 for about 2 months now. Everything was going pretty well, until 2 weeks ago when my Comcast email started coming in infrequently, then suddenly this week, no Comcast email at all. Called Verizon and they suggested deleting the account and adding it back. Did this and then could not get the account set back up - "couldn't connect to the server" message was all I got. Called Comcast, they gave me the same advice - still no connection. 3 days later when I returned to my office, I was suddenly able to connect to the server. The account worked for about 8 hours - now I am back to not getting any email. They arrive on my computer, but not my phone. I have no problem receiving my work email through the exchange server. I have talked to my IT department and they assure me it is not a problem on their end.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? I see from other threads there have been problems with Hotmail. I am beginning to wonder if I made a mistake moving from my Blackberry, which I have had absolutely no problems with.

Any help would be appreciated.

I do not have comcast so i cant say i have your issue but what mail client are you using? i would recommend K-9 as its the one i use and it works with no issues at all for me.

KilDroid

Reaction score
Occasionally I have that happen but it also coincides w/ me having to supply my login to my email w/comcast. I will get a red triangle warning letting me know I am not connected to the server and will I loging to my comcast accout. Otherwise I will not receive my emails. Now- I "think" it may have to do with me when I use my laptop on public wireless network - for example signing onto my laptop at the library or in a hospital.

Sometimes shutting the phone off "resets" the accounts.

I dont know if this info will help. I have Comcast too.

Terry

SnglGrma

Reaction score
Comcast changed the way they send email down to our phones. I believe now it is a POP account..

Search Google / Comcast for the way to set up comcast email to droids and the answer will come up for you.

Yes i have comcast , had the same issue as you, and that fixed it for me.