Successfully Bricked

E_A_P_D

Reaction score
I do believe I have successfully bricked my droid. Not by rooting, although I was rooted and overclocked. But I believe, from the way it is behaving that the hard drive area containing the OS was damaged as I, nor my friend or Verizon were ever able to get past the M logo. I did get a boot loader screen a couple times by holding up on d-pad while powering on and it would either say, battery too low to program or battery ok to program. Using RSDlite, my friend and I both attempted to load a ROM and both times we got to 100%, please restart phone manually. Upon restarting we got the M logo and that's it.

I now have a new droid in my hand and it doesn't have the nicely rounded little keys on the keyboard. :icon_evil:

If you guys have any more "magic" I can try before I have to send my nice droid with the rounded keys back, please tell me. I really like my keyboard.

Hey can you still bring up the SP recovery screen? if so i have a file that might work to bring you back to unrooted 2.0.1
I can remember if its used with SP recovery or clockwork or both when i get home from work i will try to find out

OP
stmomma

stmomma

Reaction score
Are you positive you've got a good charge on the battery? All this really sounds like a low/bad battery. Two tries does not sound anywhere right for a full battery. Can you get your hands on the charger that will charge the battery while not in the phone? Can you borrow a battery?

Everything you've said points to low/dead battery.

Yes, I charged the battery on the "new" droid and it seems to be fine. Still reads 100% and it's been unplugged and some light use for 3 hours or so now. I was charging it on a friends phone before I got the "new" one so we could see when it was fully charged and it ran on his phone just fine too. I also "borrowed" my friend's battery and we only got 2 attempts out of his too before it had to be recharged.

Hey can you still bring up the SP recovery screen? if so i have a file that might work to bring you back to unrooted 2.0.1
I can remember if its used with SP recovery or clockwork or both when i get home from work i will try to find out

No, I haven't been able to get to the SP recovery screen. I used RSD to try to reinstall SPRecovery and still couldn't get it. The only screens I have been able to access are the bootloader and the M logo. I also tried using RSD to install an A855 file to go back to stock. If I remember right that said there was an error and upon reboot, M logo.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This sounds like what happened to me. During the flashing of a sbf, does it fail at loading ram for bootloader or switching the device to BP passthrough? I am pretty sure a section of ram failed in mine, as it would boot up to the M for around 30 secs then restart. SPR would flash though so that section was fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

BachinPhx

Reaction score
I am totally eff'd. I had rooted using RSDLite and SPRecovery. Rooted Sapphire. Battery sucking. Installed Rom Manager from the Market. Tried doing a backup using ClockModWorks. Updated to newer version of Sapphire. Phone went blank, then to the "M" Logo. Not it won't acknowledge anything on my sdcard and won't allow install of ClockMod. Now I think I have a very expensive pos that I can't get to work.

Help please!

justadrvr

Reaction score
this might help when i was rooting my droid i got the same thing and i took the sd card out and deleted the bad rom put a good one on and rebooted hope this helps Justadrvr