Successful SBF GB->FY

sudermatt

Reaction score
After some research...I found a pretty simple way of getting back to Stock Froyo.

http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...rld-present-droid-2-2-3-20-triple-threat.html

a couple posts from the top of this there is a link to RSD 4.9...this is what I used.

I have a windows 64bit system. I did not load any motorola drivers this time, but I think I did long long ago so you may have to (see thread for those).

I Followed these steps:

To install the above files you need to follow these directions:

1) Switch your device to PC mode
2) Turn on debugging mode (settings>applications>development>debugging mode)
3) Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
4) Select SBF
5) Start

you will end up sitting on the boot logo...don't freak out.

a) power cycle the device while holding the X key on the physical keyboard. (you should see an exclamation point triangle thingy).
b) press the search key on the physical keyboard. ( you will see the stock bootloader.
c) wipe data (factory reset).
d) reboot

You now should have a factory fresh device. Activation required, etc.

The reason I went back is tethering...I get too much value from tethering my other devices. GB is just not worth it to me.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
SBF'ing is common knowledge around here anymore, but thank you for another guide. I'm sure it'll help someone.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
True....but it's a bit scary...I've read some posts here about it....thought I would let people (new to SBF'ing) know that it was pretty painless.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the link that we all send to d2 users who need help. We could always use another thread on this though. It seems no matter how many times somebody posts this link or starts a thread on sbf, no one can find it. Thanks, hopefully this will help someone.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
See...See...it returns...I've decided to move off CM7 and went back to this thread to remind myself how to do this...I followed my own steps and now it doesn't work. more research...rats.

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
Make sure you run as admin on win7 or vista

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Thanks for the reply...I've never had to before....the prblem I'm having

I currently have CM7-31 on a Droid2. I'm suspicious .. the device info in the RSD screen is all N/A except bootloader version and Phone type...which is Engineering then a bunch of numbers.

in the Line where it shows me connected it lists Model : QSC6085

Any insite?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine says s flash and connected in the 1st row. The top left box is blank and the top right has the sbf file info. As long as it says connected and the (...) box is lit up, you can run it (put the phone in bootloader mode first)

CM74D2

OP
S

sudermatt

Reaction score
thanks for your response

yeah...it started....unpaked...but I got an error about device not being able to receive....or something like that.....it seemed like it can when it was trying to write the new info to the phone