Stupid Problems

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by emeraldage, Jun 12, 2010.

1. emeraldage

emeraldage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone else have these issues? My camera button all the gold came off and my headphone jack sucks. I can't walk or anything while its in my pocket, if you touch the cord or move it at all the music distorts and the phone stops the music thinking I unplugged it. Its exetremly stupid and makes me angry, wanted to chuck my phone at the ground. Think I could get it replaced because of this? My phone is an early model? With the rounded keys.

2. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't say I've run into any of these issues. For me the phone is too big to have in my pocket so I use a seidio innocase with a clip. That is probably why I have never had an issue with chipping paint of a scratched screen. I have read other people have had success with a little touch up paint or nailpolish for the camera button. I'm not too sure about the headphone jack since I haven't had that issue but maybe someone else can address that.

3. REMilk

REMilk Member

Ratings:
    +7
    The gold coloring has chipped off my Droid camera button/switch, but that does not bother me and the camera functions the same. I keep my Motorola Droid in a "clip" type holster so it is not 100% protected.

For crying out loud, my laptop gets chipped in a padded laptop bag.

I have no issues with the headphone jack. I make use of it several times a week, on airplanes, in airports, offices, etc.

Just my experience, most likely yours will differ.

4. tktouch12

tktouch12 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my gold is fine, but my headphone port would quit working right if it moved and it was a huge pain. so annoying. i got my droid replaced, but that wasnt the reason. i think they should replace it though.

5. JMU_Droid

JMU_Droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, they will replace it for the headphone jack. I actually just got mine replaced today for that very reason.

6. n813ca

n813ca Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what pisses me off is that it takes 20 seconds holding down the camera button to do anything!!!!

7. FootballRef

FootballRef Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The camera is very slow

8. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    If its easier you can push the camera button normally, with a quick click, and rest your finger elsewhere. The camera will still take your picture 20 seconds later for you.

That delay is almost long enough for me to set the camera down and run to get into the image.

For the phone jack I'd return the phone.