** Stuck on bootup [Help] **

dnyor93

Reaction score
I got Gummy Jar 2.5 and I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly , and now it's stuck on the boot up screen All I see is 4 droids lighting up over and over
& When it stops it starts all over

Please help

Thanks

Manchild

Reaction score
try pulling the battery to stop the loop, and then try the following:

Boot into recovery. To boot into recovery, hold x and power at the same time until the "M" appears. Then when the exclimation mark comes up, hit the search button(magnifying glass) on the keyboard. Then wipe data and cache when recovery comes up. Then click reboot. This might take you out of the loop.

If that doesn't work, try plugging into a wall charger, and when or if the battery charging screen comes up, pull the battery, and then try to reboot. You should then go back into clockwork recovery. From there you can restore a Nandroid backup or re-flash a ROM from a zip file.

If that doesn't work, SBFing is the only option I think.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
It sounds like you didn't mount system and data in clockwork before install.

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Sometimes when I forget to mount the system and bootloop I just get into the sprecovery and data cache wipe and it boots fine. So try that or a simple sbf never hurts either...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

anopie

Reaction score
Had same issue read Manchild's post, data wipe fixed me right up......
Just had to do a Titanium Restore to get some data back.

OP
dnyor93

dnyor93

Reaction score
Well that sucks =/

when I installed the Squidly rom i only ahd to clear cache and everything else stayed exactly the same and the rom installed fine. Nothing got deleted & no errors

arturocald

Reaction score
I was stuck in loop too, all i did was went into normal recovery and i did a data/factory reset and cleared the cache and i was good

droidzforlife

Beta Alpha Delta Omega 3!
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Did you ever get that figured out man? I think your rom installed fine but for some reason certain roms and themes have that issue when u dont manually unmount right before you reboot... there are many ways to fix it if your still stuck so dont worry just hit me up.

FC127

Reaction score
What's odd is that I installed Gummyjar 2.5 without mounting the system and data and it worked fine... I've seen the talk about mounting and unmounting, what does this accomplish?

arturocald

Reaction score
In the installation guide it never said anything about mounting/unmounting anything

jpr122955

Reaction score

Did you ever get that figured out man? I think your rom installed fine but for some reason certain roms and themes have that issue when u dont manually unmount right before you reboot... there are many ways to fix it if your still stuck so dont worry just hit me up.
I'm stuck in a boot loop. Can't factory reset. Can't get the triangle to appear. Tried everything. HELP! Moto Droid 1 Everything has been backed up, just can't get to any type of screen at all

FC127

Reaction score

I'm stuck in a boot loop. Can't factory reset. Can't get the triangle to appear. Tried everything. HELP! Moto Droid 1 Everything has been backed up, just can't get to any type of screen at all

Did you try to flash THIS rom? I ask because this is the rom for the Droid 2...

jpr122955

Reaction score

Did you try to flash THIS rom? I ask because this is the rom for the Droid 2...

What do yo you mean by "THIS" rom?