Stuck on boot loop

Haley

Reaction score
So my boyfriend messed up my phone. I have no idea what the hell he did exactly but he told me he "re-formatted" it. So try to turn it on (by the way I had it rooted w/bootstrap) and it shows the red M and goes to my custom boot animation and loops forever. Power button + volume up + volume down takes it back to the red M and it starts over. Can't get into the recovery screen. So I'm pissed off, I've already accepted that I've lost everything so help please??

Does this : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html
work for the razr maxx????

Last edited by a moderator:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So my boyfriend messed up my phone. I have no idea what the hell he did exactly but he told me he "re-formatted" it. So try to turn it on (by the way I had it rooted w/bootstrap) and it shows the red M and goes to my custom boot animation and loops forever. Power button + volume up + volume down takes it back to the red M and it starts over. Can't get into the recovery screen. So I'm pissed off, I've already accepted that I've lost everything so help please??

Does this : http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html
work for the razr maxx????

If you can't get to the Boot Mode Selection Menu from a Power button + Volume up +Volume down, then there is no way to get to AP Fastboot to flash the ROM with the Droid RAZR Utility.

I may have a solution for you but I am on my way to work and can't look it up. I'll get back to you in a short while. Hang in there! ;)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The first line below applies to you so that you can get out of the bootloop and into the AP Fastboot mode which will then allow you to run the Droid RAZR Utility and with option 1, flash the Fastboot ROM to restore your phone. The rest is for getting it to charge...

I came across a unique technique that actually works, posted by another member.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by spc_hicks09

1. Press and hold vol down and power, when the screen flickers, release buttons and quickly press and hold all 3 side buttons (power, vol up, vol down). Once screen awakes with a white text on black menu, release the three buttons.
[HALEY!! This will take the phone into the Boot Mode Selection Menu (where AP Fastboot is). Once there, press the Volume Down ONLY TWICE, then press the Volume UP only ONCE. This takes you to the AP Fastboot mode. Now you're ready for the Droid RAZR Utility. You must have sufficient battery power to complete the AP Fastboot flashing, so you may want to follow steps below or at the very bottom, and then come back here once fully charged. It's recommended that you have at least 50% (some say 70%) of battery capacity before starting.]
2. Plug in the wall charger (not usb)

3. Use vol down to highlight the SBF Flash Option

4. Use vol up to select it

5. Press and hold the power button for about 3 seconds then release.

Now the phone should power down completely after a couple seconds and begin charging (you should see the battery charging icon). If it doesn't work the first time just keep trying, took me a couple tries before it started charging but it worked. It also helps to boot into the stock recovery and do a factory reset first. It works though.

I verified this works!

Here's another method as well;

This works with the wall charger only!!!!!

Shut off the phone (get into fastboot and just hit the power button to shutdown).

While holding down the + and - volume buttons, plug in wall charger.

Scroll down with the volume - button to bp tools and then push volume +.

The phone will show the motorola logo and then show the battery image filling up as it charges.

Wait awhile for it to charge up.

Last edited:

qoncept

Reaction score
I was stuck in a bootloop and a factory reset from in recovery fixed it for me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I was stuck in a bootloop and a factory reset from in recovery fixed it for me.

Glad to hear you were able to get yourself out of the bootloop. Fortunately for you, you had a good system underneath so the factory restore worked. For those whose systems are completely bunged up, such as in a failed upgrade or failed ROM flash, that may or may not work. Still, thanks for the information. Your comments may actually lead to a solution for others!

Cheers! ;)

godjabi

Reaction score
I recently tried to update my razr to the latest update, but forgot to unroot it. So now its stuck on the Motorola logo every time I plug it into my wall charger and its just a black screen with the white light when plugged into my computer. I appreciate any help given.

jcpc0614

Reaction score
Turn it off
Then hold the Volume Up & Power Button till you see the Recovery screen.
Try Restart fist, and if that doesn't work then done Restore.
This should fix that problem.