Stuck at 5.5.886, No signal. What gives?

jvanekel

Reaction score
rsd.JPG
^^^ this is the screen I get when I'm trying to rsdlite the 'flashme' file in the safebionicpathsaver_v2
So I was on .901 stock update, back on the update path etc. I took the bloat off and have been happily trodding along as such. I heard/read about the .902 update and everyone had good things to say about it but I had a rough road getting to .901 so I figured I would leave well enough alone. Bored tonight at work, I decide to tackle it as have a 12hr shift and nothing better to do. I was unable to restore the bloat via titanium backup, so I figured I would take it back to stock and then let it upgrade itself and then root it. First I tried RSD lite, which not only failed but left me stuck in AP fastboot. Scrambling for any lose strings, I opened a zip on my computer labeled '.901fix.zip' and unzipped it and ran it and my phone powered up! I was really excited! Now I'm on version 5.5.886, and I have no signal. No data, no calls/texts. So I hook up to the wifi and try to update. Update failed. So I try the Safebionicpathsaver_v2 and the second step which involves RSD lite says it can't unzip the file? I've tried a couple other things, but I'm still at this same point. At least I can charge it and keep tinkering, but I don't want to f*ck it up worse than I already did. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

And just fyi, I am pretty good about reading the directions. I'm not a noob, but I'm not adept either. I mostly tinker. I have followed all the instruction guides about checking to make sure my phone is in the right modes and whatnot. Thanks again.

striker85

Reaction score
I haven't had to do any of that since I took the 902 update after being on rooted 901. Now with safestrap and running eclipse 2.2 and loving it...but that's another thread.

You have it functioning and charging so you are at a stage that is optimal for tinkering. Don't worry. Short of smashing it, you can't "break" your phone with software. That said, I bet your radio is in need of updating. Try searching for a radio.zip and flash that...should get you back to stock enough to get the updates.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
jvanekel

jvanekel

Reaction score
Well I eventually got it figured out. I had been looking for the original BionicPathSaver cuz the SafeBionicPathSaver wasn't cutting it, still not sure why. Luckily I had the BPS backed up on my hard-drive at home. It worked like a charm, then I let my phone update OTA on it's own and I not only got to .902 but kept root! Woot! Not sure how it happened but after the 10hr headache, I was relieved to have it go so smoothly. Saved the radio.zip just in case. I'm just glad I'm smart enough to keep all this crap on my external hard drive so I have a decent arsenal in case of emergency lol.