struggling to love my droid need some help

yarnelle

Reaction score
so I got the phone for christmas. feel in love instantly but as time has worn on I've found that I can't find a good method for keeping my batery alive longer then 4-6 hours. I've also noticed today she's been gettin pretty darn warm but I'm not super concerned. I'm good w/ phones normally but this one has blown me away I'm lost and don't know lingo or really how to fully use this phone. my biggest concern right now however is battery life and that my phone has also really started to slow down if someone could give me a dummie 101 crash course on my following problems so I don't go back to a crack berry much love would be shown thanks guys I'm new

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

mr_silent

Reaction score
That's a tall order there, try research on the topics you stated. Not to be rude, but most people won't help you if you can't help yourself. After all, your phone, your responsibilty. There are plenty of threads on this site to help you out already and nobody has time to go through this over and over whenever someone new comes on and posts. Sorry, I really am trying to polite about it.

Sent from my Milestone 1 using Droid Forums app

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Do you have any task killers running?? Also check running services, its in settings: applications. List what's running. Also in about phone check battery usage, what's the top 5 things listed??

Sent from somewhere...

jcl197

Reaction score
If you dont have the bp7x extended battery i would highly suggest it. Also i would at least add the power control widget so u can quickly adjust screen brightness, keep it set to the lowest setting and adjust as necessary, ive found the automatic setting burns through power pretty fast. Theses are just starting points to consider, the writeup for extending battery life is really good and even better than what i suggested.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
That's a tall order there, try research on the topics you stated. Not to be rude, but most people won't help you if you can't help yourself. After all, your phone, your responsibilty. There are plenty of threads on this site to help you out already and nobody has time to go through this over and over whenever someone new comes on and posts. Sorry, I really am trying to polite about it.

Actually, if you scroll to the bottom of the forum we have a whole Rescue Squad section just for people in need. From the simple to totally bricked, rooted or not, there's people to help.

Sent from somewhere...

mr_silent

Reaction score
My bad, just trying to get him savvy on the forum that's all.
Was gonna post links to the threads he needs to read but if you wanna rewrite em, go ahead. Think you may have misunderstood the post. Getting him/her to learn on his own can't be such a bad thing in my opinion.

One more thing, this doesn't sound like a rescue squad issue, more like tips and tricks.
Try wiping the battery stats when your phone is fully charged, then reboot. Run it till it dies completely and let it fully charge again.

klaudiadroid2

Reaction score
If you dont have the bp7x extended battery i would highly suggest it. Also i would at least add the power control widget so u can quickly adjust screen brightness, keep it set to the lowest setting and adjust as necessary, ive found the automatic setting burns through power pretty fast. Theses are just starting points to consider, the writeup for extending battery life is really good and even better than what i suggested.

where could I get that bp7x ??

Sent from my WHITE DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
got myen 4days ago its only at 30 % with a heavy user you really dont need a case if you have the hollister through verizon

Neverblu

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/120662-gorilla-gadgets-3500mah-extended-battery.html

I have a topic about this battery, but anyways I work for Redbull and have my gps on most of the time, I am always taking calls for business, and I use this phone as a mp3 player while im driving, I get an adverage of 40-54 hours out of a full charge, which is two days of work for me, The system battery doesn't read properly, but honestly im to the point where I dont even bother looking at it because I know that the phone will last me no matter how hard I run/use it

I just got a case from verizon and outlined the backing and took my time cutting with a dremel & razor blade, so cases do work with modification, and the huge hump gives the phone something to grip onto. Anyways good luck

ExodusC

Reaction score
so I got the phone for christmas. feel in love instantly but as time has worn on I've found that I can't find a good method for keeping my batery alive longer then 4-6 hours. I've also noticed today she's been gettin pretty darn warm but I'm not super concerned. I'm good w/ phones normally but this one has blown me away I'm lost and don't know lingo or really how to fully use this phone. my biggest concern right now however is battery life and that my phone has also really started to slow down if someone could give me a dummie 101 crash course on my following problems so I don't go back to a crack berry much love would be shown thanks guys I'm new

I think we may have something in common here.

Next time the phone gets warm and slows down, open up an app that can read your current CPU speed. I would recommend SystemPanel Lite.

Let us know if your CPU speed is locked at 1200MHz, and/or if you have 100% CPU usage.

I get this problem, and I'm trying to find out the source.