Need some serious help :(

Munzir

Reaction score
Okay, I really need help with my Motorola Milestone(Droid?) with updating. I bought mine from e-bay, unlocked and untouched. In the "About Phone" it says it's a Milestone.
My main concern is updating, how do I update it?! I've done everything , but when I turn it on holding "X", it just starts up normally. I'm on the 2.0.1 firmware, what do I have to do? Please help.
:(
Also, there's no way to access the Droid Market, is there?

mohitrocks

Reaction score
Find the sbfs for the appropriate model for your phone for 2.1

Take a look at this-
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/43352-milestone-2-1-update-root-guide.html

And scroll down to where it shows this- USB Drivers (4.2.0 Download: For 32-bit Windows | For 64-bit Windows).
RSD Lite (4.6.0 Download: For 32/64-bit Windows).
SBF of your choice (from here).
Vulnerable Recovery SBF for bootloader 90.78 and lower ONLY (from here or here).
Milestone root update.zip (from here or here).

And download the appropriate sbf. I am not the author of this thread and i take no responsibility for anything that happens to your phone.

If you do not know what your model is, go to settings and about phone I think. ( Note I think)

GZ20TT

Reaction score
Okay, I really need help with my Motorola Milestone(Droid?) with updating. I bought mine from e-bay, unlocked and untouched. In the "About Phone" it says it's a Milestone.
My main concern is updating, how do I update it?! I've done everything , but when I turn it on holding "X", it just starts up normally. I'm on the 2.0.1 firmware, what do I have to do? Please help.
:(
Also, there's no way to access the Droid Market, is there?

Firstly - where are you located?
Android market may or may not be active where you are - but if you can root the phone, you can use Market enabler to access the market wherever you are. (I used the paid app EasyRoot)

If you want "official" update to 2.1 update 1 - you could try downloading the Motorola Software Updater program which will recognise your phone and then download the appropriate update.
By the way - doesn't Settings - About Phone - System Updates do anything? (going through the menus)

If you want to boot into recovery mode on a Milestone - it may be hold Camera and Power to see the triangle/exclamation mark rather than X.
Then volume up and camera to get to the menu. G.O.T's open recovery worked wonders for me.