Stream Music in your car

skidemn

Reaction score
What's an inexpensive stereo you guys would recommend that would allow me to use my Droid to play streaming music in the car?

This this Clarion one: Clarion U.S.A. | CZ100
CZ100-US_00.jpg

Aux input
RCA ouputs
Bluetooth Ready (requires Clarion BT kit)
$99

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for info on setting up an aux input in my new car. I cannot find any solid info thus far so any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Acura 3.5RL 2000

Stock bose head unit without navigation (I heard the ones with nav can pose a problem) also a six cd changer in trunk (stock)

I think my only option is to get rid of the cd changer and buy a converter from the 8pin changer output to stereo phonos, then run a cable to the dash.

I would like to have the option of cds as well though. Haven't looked behind the unit yet as I only plan on taking my car apart once. Is there another way?

you might have better luck finding a good answer for that on an RL forum, i only say that because there might be certain nav issues we don't know about.. any aux input will do what you want. i recommend a FM modulator so you can keep your stock stuff, including cd changer. pretty much all a FM modulator does is sort of splice in (plug and play, don't worry) between where the antenna connects to the back of your head unit. it's a simple WIRED solution and isn't too expensive..

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bluetooth is the best way to go. I have a pioneer with bluetooth and it sounds GREAT. If you can't afford or can't install a new system in your car you should check out a parrot!

Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kits - Parrot USA

bluetooth is not the answer. it's a lot of science involved, but trust me, it's just not the best thing for sound quality. don't get me wrong, it WILL work and it is simple.. but SQ is just lacking.

Flomaster

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bluetooth is not the answer. it's a lot of science involved, but trust me, it's just not the best thing for sound quality. don't get me wrong, it WILL work and it is simple.. but SQ is just lacking.
hrm... can we transfer audio over the usb cable? my Poineer has a USB input and I could plug the droid into, but what about mounting the droid? how would to output audio over the usb cable?

-=Jason=-

MaXKiLLz

Reaction score

This is what I thought too until I heard it in my TSX. It sounds very, very good. Blows away XM sound quality, which isn't too hard to do. Sounds equal to or better than 192kbps MP3's playing from a USB flash drive.