Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I would have to agree with staying away from wireless, but that said, it also has a lot to do with the surrounding area you live in and the interference in said area. I know when I lived in. S. Florida, I had a ton of static with my transmitter. Since moving to a smaller town a few years ago, there's a lot less static and less interference.

**tap'n**

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
For reference I live in metro Atlanta and sit in A LOT of traffic.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Gonna have to disagree here, I've had about 5 FM transmitters, my most recent one being BT and it is BY FAR the best.

Amazon.com: GOgroove FlexSMART X2 ADVANCED Wireless In-Car Bluetooth FM Transmitter with Charging, Music Control and Hands-Free Calling for ANDROID, iPhone, Blackberry and Windows Smartphones: Car Electronics

Thats the one I use. No interference, completely wireless, can be a car charger, has an extra USB port/SD slot just in case and can also be used as a wired FM transmitter if you don't have bluetooth. Personally, I freakin' love it.

Yeah, that's the one that caught my eye.....looks very cool. Too bad I cant get it by the time I leave for my road trip next Friday....grrr....

PhDCow

Reaction score
I have a BT that hangs on my visor. I've got it set to play through my speakers at 87.7 FM, which doesn't have any other stations around it so I don't get interference. Mine's an older model, but you can get them at the big stores, Best Buy, VZW, Radio Shack, etc. I love the fact that it's got the play/pause, forward, and back features. They seem to work on any music player. I use Slacker mainly.

MikeyTG

Reaction score
How new is your car or stereo? If it has bluetooth then you can link your phone to it and play music wirelessly. I use this and it is the cat's meow.
Another possibility - does your car stereo have an audio in (aux) jack? If so all you need is a cable to connect your phone, switch the radio to "aux".
If you have a cassette player you can get a giz that allows you to connect that way - it looks like a cassette tape with a wire coming out of it. check radio shack or even wally world.
The last resort is an FM modulator. They may or may not work well depending on your radio and any interference from local FM stations. This will change as you drive around. They work well for some people, but I have not had any luck with them.

marioval

Reaction score
My current car stereo has an aux port so I used a wired connection. Its been a long time since I have used an FM Transmitter. When I did use one, I used the Dynex DX-FMDC1 and it worked great. I tried a lot of them before I settled on that one. It was the only FM transmitter I tried that was virtually static free and the funny thing is that it was the least expensive of all the ones I tried. The only thing now is that its an older item and I would be willing to bet that the charging feature is probably not enough juice to charge the Rezound. It would probably either maintain the current charge level or maybe even slowly discharge if you were playing music, navigating, etc. But the FM transmitter itself is top notch. I think I got mine for less than 10 bucks a few years back.

DYNEX FM IPOD TRANSMITTER FOR YOUR CAR WITH AUTO CHARGER MP3 DX-FMDC1 | eBay