Strange Popup Requested Use of my email

davd.r.v.

Reaction score
I've had my Droid for a while, and its never been buggy and always been a solid phone. I did a round of automatic updates this morning for a bunch of apps and afterwards I got a popup on my home screen. Since I was walking to work I promptly clicked through it and said ok. It then stayed long enough on my screen for me to realize that something was asking permission to send emails out of my email account.

How do I reverse what I did? Out of anxiousness I downloaded and ran Norton, no malware found, and I also set it up so that I have to click through a dialog box to send emails from my droid now. Is there anything else I can do? I have no idea which apps updated this morning, and less of an idea of which app could be accessing my emails. I went through what apps have access to what, and none of the apps that I consider slightly shady (third party browsers etc, nothing really bad on the phone as far as I can tell), had access to email.

Please help.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
Was this gmail? Sometimes aol has access down and asks if you want to send outbox messages....later could it have been that? No option stating send outbox with a delay or give permissions to send messages later are checked? You werent held up from being able to send something out earlier and it sent it then? Have you checked sent and deleted items for oddities? Somewhere I saw a setting for was it delegates for the droid? Do you have someons set up on that?

Ps for those of you who read my thread about multiple duplicate letters...stone me or not this was written with android original stock virtual keyboard....notice no dups? Now how alien is that? Magic.....