1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

help with yahoo email please

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by nooter99, Apr 26, 2010.

1. nooter99

nooter99 New Member

When I access my yahoo email through the email app in the app drawer, it seems to work fine except for one issue. When I compose a new email, I can't access my address book to put recipients into the "to" window. I assumed if I started to type someones name that is in my address book it would intuitively show names starting with those first few letters I type, but I get nothing, and have to type out the entire address. What am I missing here? When texting it works fine, starts listing all names in address book as soon as I type a couple of letters. Any thoughts?
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

3. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Just checked with mine. You need to have an email associated with the recipient. So in contacts you need to list an email address as well as phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  4. nooter99

nooter99 New Member

Went through the manual setup provided by mwhartman, still no luck! All my contacts have email addresses associated with them. Wierd thing is, when I go to folders, I can access everything except my address book, sent...drafts...trash...inbox etc. but no address book! It's driving me nuts!! Not much point in having an email app if I can't send an email!!!!
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I understand your frustration. I wish I had a solution.

Mike
Search tags for this page

how to setup email on droid 2.2.2

yahoo mail 2.2.2