Strange Issue with Rezound

Phone Man

Reaction score
I love this phone but it has been painful. I am on my third phone. The first
was replaced because the phone would constantly slip into airplane mode with
out me telling it too and also not show the airplane icon in the top bar, the second
phone was taken back due to boot looping, which was replaced and I received
a new phone yesterday.

The replacement phone was a refurb which is a real bummer since I paid $300
a month ago for a new phone. Last night at the restaurant I was surffing the
web with 40% battery and within 10 minutes the low battery signal comes on
and it goes completly dead.

When I got into the car with my charger in hand, the phone was so dead
that the organge charging light would not come on. I gave up in the car.
When I got home I used my AC charger and I got the phone to start up
and the battery life was at 35% which then drained dead in 10 minutes.

I charged the phone overnight and it appears to be working OK so far,
however I am loosing my confidence in this phone. I waited a long time
to decide between the Razor, Galaxy, and Rezound.

I do not know what caused the melt down on my battery and that is
what cocerns me.

Anyone else had this problem?

Drew_P

Reaction score
Well I had the rezound, upgraded from the thunderbolt. And I liked it but did notice the same quick battery drain. When I returned it I swapped out my tbolt battery for the rezound battery (shhh, don't tell anybody) and at first the battery was great!!! But I've notice now that when my battery is yellow it'll suddenly just cut off and be dead. No notification of low battery or anything. And its continued to happen. Very annoying.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I've never had those problems with my Rezound. But in an exchange, you MUST DEMAND a new one in exchange and not accept a refurb. That's an outrage.

jpgal3

Reaction score
lots of battery/charging issues

My wife and I have had plenty of issues with the Rezound battery running out quickly and the phone shutting down. 2 refurbed phones just arrived and I will see if the issue persists. We often found that we were unable to get the phone to turn on for hours. One thing I am not sure of, but very suspicious of, is the use of our older micro USB charger. Has anyone else tried charging on an older one? The charger included with the Rezound is different, but I thought a micro USB would be the same if it fit. Maybe this helps or continues the thread. We have not had issue with car chargers, just wall chargers.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife and I have had plenty of issues with the Rezound battery running out quickly and the phone shutting down. 2 refurbed phones just arrived and I will see if the issue persists. We often found that we were unable to get the phone to turn on for hours. One thing I am not sure of, but very suspicious of, is the use of our older micro USB charger. Has anyone else tried charging on an older one? The charger included with the Rezound is different, but I thought a micro USB would be the same if it fit. Maybe this helps or continues the thread. We have not had issue with car chargers, just wall chargers.

Some of the older/different brand chargers don't put out proper amperage to charge the rezound. The green light may be on to indicate charging but the phone is consistently losing charge..

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of the older/different brand chargers don't put out proper amperage to charge the rezound. The green light may be on to indicate charging but the phone is consistently losing charge..

Anytime you do a "hot charge" the battery never gets above 70% with lithium ion batteries, so the improper amps of a car charger or home incorrect home charger could also cause it to seem full (green light) but drain quickly.
I've posted a link about charging li batteries in several threads.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post

skyshadow

Reaction score
Its not an issue with the rezound phone itself its their refurbs. They aren't refurbished by the original manufacturer like verizon wants you to believe they go through a third party and that's why they suck. This is coming from someone who went through 11 refurb phones 2 x's, 6 x2's and 3 d3's. Finally I got a hold of the corporate office and they credited me the original 150 I payed for the x towards my upgrade. And i got a free accessory of my choice. I got the nexus which I haven't had a single issue with. You just gotta keep fighting man.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jpgal3

Reaction score
Skyshadow/MBMark, Our original rezounds seem to be working ok, the last couple of days by only using the new charger. Would you just send mack the refurb phones and hope for the best? They are sitting on my desk. I would rather not have a refurb from what everyone else is saying.

Thanks