Strange app install issue

hobby31

Reaction score
I'm having a strange issue with a few apps. It started while I had my droid X and now I am having the same issue on the Thundebolt. There are a few apps that wont update or install unless I unmount my sdcard or have the sdcard mounted to a pc so it is unaccessable to the system. So far these are the ones:
-all three angry birds, seasons, rio,
-Runik
-pewpew
-theres been otheres but I can't remember them off hand.

I am rooted and was on both phones. I had the X since launch and didn't have any problems with updates until about a month before I got the thunderbolt (also at launch). I thought it might be the format of the sdcard but on the X it worked fine until like I say a month before I got the thunderbolt. The thunderbolt came with a 32gb card and I'm having the same issue. It's also with the Amazon Market also. Same apps wont install. The workaround I found with the amazon market was: I located a file on the sdcard by using root explorer that the amazon market is using like a cache (I can't remember right off hand where it is). The amazon market downloads the apk files there then installs them. Now, the amazon market requires you to have the sdcard available to install apps. My workaround is to download the app, get the error message that it couldn't install, use root explorer to find the apk on the sdcard, copy it right into the phones internal system. unmount the sdcard then use root explorer to go into the system where i copied the apk file and install it and it installs ok. With the regular market, like I said, I just unmount the sdcard and things update ok.

Could a program like titanium be causing issued like that? It seems strange that everything was working fine and then it just started. Other apps update ok. On the Thunderbolt, the intial install of angry birds worked but subsequent updates require me to unmount the sdcard.

I'm at a loss on this issue. Anyone got any ideals? Thanks