can't install new google voice search

Status
Not open for further replies.

texaganian

Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble installing the Google Voice Search update (the one with Voice Command)?

When I tried it seemed to download fine from the Market but then it complained that the file was signed properly (!) and aborted the install.

Subsequent attempts do a very fast "download" (as though it is reading a cached copy), then the install fails.

I cleared the Market cache with no change. Looked for the apk in /sdcard/download and deleted the only one with a timestamp from today. Still no love.

Any idea how to fix this?

MotoDroid 1 / CM6RC2 / ADW.Launcher

eliassami5

Reaction score
Anybody else having trouble installing the Google Voice Search update (the one with Voice Command)?

When I tried it seemed to download fine from the Market but then it complained that the file was signed properly (!) and aborted the install.

Subsequent attempts do a very fast "download" (as though it is reading a cached copy), then the install fails.

I cleared the Market cache with no change. Looked for the apk in /sdcard/download and deleted the only one with a timestamp from today. Still no love.

Any idea how to fix this?

MotoDroid 1 / CM6RC2 / ADW.Launcher

either use root explorer to remove voice search from the system/app folder or use a terminal emulator to remove the voice app. Reboot the phone then try installing it.

jbg25

Reaction score
I used Ti Backup to uninstall the old one....Rebooted and installed no prob

Status
Not open for further replies.