1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Some apps won't install or update

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jazzman, Jan 8, 2011.

1. jazzman

jazzman New Member

For the past couple of weeks my Droid 1 won't install or update certain apps, e.g. Angry Birds and ROM manager. Others, e.g. Astrid, have installed fine.

I've tried a number of things, including switching ROMs, clearing data in the Market, etc.

I've got about 100MB of internal storage available.

Everything that is installed seems to work fine. I just can't get some apps to install.

Anyone ever run into a similar issue or have suggestions on a fix?

Thanks...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

if you have it set to auto update some might need a "manual installation" all ive ever had to do with that is click the update button manually. Why? I dont know lol. As for not installing at all im going to have to try and remember what I did to fix that issue. Ill post back as soon as I can remember...:icon_eek: Which market version are you running? you could try getting a hold of a copy of the Vending.apk and deleting and reinstalling.
  3. jazzman

jazzman New Member

Thanks for the reply SemperFi. It seems that the problem has something to do with the app being stored on the SD card. If I move them to the phone and then try to update, it works fine. I guess that's at least a work around. I'll try your suggestion to see if I can get rid of the problem.

Cheers!
Search tags for this page
android refuses to install and update apps -download
android some apps won't auto update
android someapp wont update or install
android wont install some apps
apps wont install on my galaxy s4
my droid x2 won't install apps
why cant i install some apps on my android
why won't some apps uninstall on galaxy s3

why wont apps install on my android

why wont certain apps update