Stopped receiving emails from work Exchange

Mac Attack

Reaction score
I changed my network password at work and on Droid 1 but cannot receive work emails.

Last week my company updated our email server from Exchange 200x to Exchange 2010. After the migration I was still able to receive my work emails through MS Web outlook or OWA until I changed my network password. I forgot to change it on my phone but an hour later after realizing it I changed it. From the point on I have not been able to receive my work email to my phone. I deleted the email account and added it back but I keep getting the message "Unable to open connection to server'.

I talk to my Help Desk guys and they are clueless to help. One guy has a Droid and his works fine but another guy who has a Droid is in the same situation as me.

I did a nandroid restore using the only restore point I had (from last month) and was able to set my phone up to receive emails. But the ROM was not stable from the restore so I changed ROM's and same issue with email started again. I know how to set my phone up to receive emails because everytime I install a new ROM I need to set everything back up but now it is not working. Can anyone provide some advice on how to fix this since my Help desk team is useless.

Phone: Droid 1
OS - Froyo 2.2 Rooted

Steps I am using to set up my OWA:
1. Add a new account.
2. After it confirms my email and password, I change the user name to include 'xxx\username' and the server name is 'webmail.xxxx.com'.
3. After submitting the request I get the error message.

ruinah

Reaction score
I changed my network password at work and on Droid 1 but cannot receive work emails.

Last week my company updated our email server from Exchange 200x to Exchange 2010. After the migration I was still able to receive my work emails through MS Web outlook or OWA until I changed my network password. I forgot to change it on my phone but an hour later after realizing it I changed it. From the point on I have not been able to receive my work email to my phone. I deleted the email account and added it back but I keep getting the message "Unable to open connection to server'.

I talk to my Help Desk guys and they are clueless to help. One guy has a Droid and his works fine but another guy who has a Droid is in the same situation as me.

I did a nandroid restore using the only restore point I had (from last month) and was able to set my phone up to receive emails. But the ROM was not stable from the restore so I changed ROM's and same issue with email started again. I know how to set my phone up to receive emails because everytime I install a new ROM I need to set everything back up but now it is not working. Can anyone provide some advice on how to fix this since my Help desk team is useless.

Phone: Droid 1
OS - Froyo 2.2 Rooted

Steps I am using to set up my OWA:
1. Add a new account.
2. After it confirms my email and password, I change the user name to include 'xxx\username' and the server name is 'webmail.xxxx.com'.
3. After submitting the request I get the error message.

From what I was reading about this issue the other day it's a known issue in Exchange 2010. Android doesn't have a long enough timeout string in its fetch settings. Not sure there is a fix for that. Have you tried a 3rd party app?

OP
M

Mac Attack

Reaction score
No i have not looked into 3rd party apps. Can you recommend one?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check Touchdown. It is s paid app but I believe they offer a 30 trial.

Mike

OP
M

Mac Attack

Reaction score
Found out that quite a few people were also affected the loss of email to their phones. They ended up having to revert a large group of employees back to Exchange 2007. So now I am receiving work emails but I have 2 folders of each ... inbox, sent folder, archived folders, etc... But I am able to get emails and my calendar syncs.