Stolen Droid 2

KevDDH3

Reaction score
A coworker of mine recently had her phone stolen. She now has her new phone (both Droid 2's) however a new wallpaper has appeared. It appears to be a photo of the theif and was taken by himself. I cannot locate the image on her device. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the photo and photo info on the device?

nubby

Reaction score
I don't know how the old phone's thief's pic could be her new background.

OP
K

KevDDH3

Reaction score
Me neither. I have looked in the gallary on the phone and see nothing. I looked in files and also see nothing. The crazy thing is the this wallpaper just appeard and she did not take the image. We have no idea where it came from. We really want to catch this person too because she was held up at gun point.

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like said thief is still using the phone. He put the wallpaper up and it got saved to googles servers. so when she signed into her google account it pulled it from the servers

OP
K

KevDDH3

Reaction score
That makes sense I guess I'll suggest she get in contact with google maybe they could help her get the image and the info on it. Thanks for the replies everyone.

nubby

Reaction score
Shouldn't the phone be deactivated?
Just found something...
Sign into the google account on a computer. Upper right use the more dropdown.
Go to photos. You may have to input password. From there you might find the picutres that have been uploaded onto google / picasa's servers

Reaction score
It wont be pictures, it will only save the picture on your background so if you say broke your phone, when you sign back into google on the new one your wallpaper, contacts, apps, etc are back once the device is done syncing and redownloading the apps.

Droids

Reaction score
Yes, the last wallpaper used is stored as part of your backup on Google's servers. This guy would have had to take his picture and make it the wallpaper while still signed into the phone as you. Not very bright. You won't find the picture on the phone though, and as soon as you change the wallpaper the old picture is history. Should take a picture of the phone's wallpaper and give it to the police. Change the Google password.

OP
K

KevDDH3

Reaction score
Nubby you rock I am going to let her know about this. Thanks for the Help.

OP
K

KevDDH3

Reaction score
Thanks Droids we are going to get a personal compuer and hopefully be able to pull the photo from picasa and or googles servers. She has taken photos of her new phone with the wallpaper the theif used and sent it to the police but his face is covered by the camera. I am hoping that GPS was enabled when he did it and we get can some coordinates or something. Thanks again everyone for your help and suggestions.