Stock Text Messenger Question

skerm8

Reaction score
I'm using the stock text messages app. When receiving a new text, does the messages icon show a notification on it? I have tried a few different texting apps, and I am back to the stock one. I thought I remembered the icon would show the notification, but maybe not. Thanks

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I believe you have the option to show the notification or not. Check the messaging app's settings.

OP
S

skerm8

Reaction score
I believe you have the option to show the notification or not. Check the messaging app's settings.

Thanks, I looked. No option for showing a notification on top of the icon.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Thanks, I looked. No option for showing a notification on top of the icon.
Have you tried the softkeys when in the messaging app?

OP
S

skerm8

Reaction score
Have you tried the softkeys when in the messaging app?

Yeah, looked at that. I really don't think it is an option thing. I think it is either something the phone does or doesn't do. I'm hoping someone is using the stock text app, and can tell me if they get the little notification on top of their icon when receiving a new text. If so, I might have screwed something up by installing and installing different texting apps. Thanks

steelman52

Reaction score
On the stock S5 messaging app you will get a notification, inside the app, to the right of the person's name, right above the time that it was sent. It's a square with a number on it referring to the number of unread texts that person has sent. I did not turn this feature on, it was that way out of the box. Of course you can also get text notifications on the notification bar also if you choose to.

1coopgt

Reaction score
Pretty sure it does if you are using the stock Launcher .