MAJOR TEXTING ISSUE

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Hi all,
I recently returned to andriods after a brief hiatus with iphone. I am having major texting issues, with group texting and individual texts as well. I turned off imessages and went to the self serve website created by apple to make sure i was deregistered from imessages. i am using the nova launched on VZW. I have had GOSMS and TEXTRA. both worked well, I switched to textra because I was not getting group texts. When I switched to textra that problem was solved for a day. I have since switched back to the native messaging app. With all three apps, I seem to be lagging, the ap closes and is unresponsive. I am still having issues receiving group texts from a particular group of people, I have asked them to delete any trace of me in their iphone and will try again with them tomorrow. I am also having an issue receiving text message from an individual that I had not problem getting messages from on all apps. I want to factory reset my phone since it is only 4 days old...this is VERY frustrating. Any thoughts or ideas??? THANKS!!!

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
I turned off imessages and went to the self serve website created by apple to make sure i was deregistered from imessages.

Good! Because of this we can rule out anything to do with any ties to Apple and the iMessage server. If you want to feel safe, call Apple and have them check the iMessage server on their end to make sure your number is completely disassociated. It's an easy and simple process and all they need to do to check it is your phone number.

With all three apps, I seem to be lagging, the ap closes and is unresponsive. I am still having issues receiving group texts from a particular group of people, I have asked them to delete any trace of me in their iphone and will try again with them tomorrow.

If it happens will all three it can still be the default messaging app where they try to pull from. Check Settings > Applications. Slide over to All and look for Messenger or Messaging or even both. Clear Data and Cache of both these then restart the whole phone before you do an FDR. It might be an easier solution without having to dump all that data.

As for not getting them from a particular individual, is that person still on an iPhone or is he/she Android as well? If they are iPhone, simply deleting all trace of you still might not do anything if they aren't updated at least to iOS 7.1 in which Apple fixed the old data just hanging around for no reason and holding your number hostage. If that doesn't work, it's their phone. Something is going on with it that prevents you from getting those messages and they would have to do the troubleshooting on their end to clear it up. If they are Android, then that's a new one to me cause I've never seen it. I would have to ask what is going on with their phone like if they are able to send texts to anyone or the like. On that one there's not much you can do on your own...if it were me I would give Verizon a call just to be sure my texting was going through fine. I believe they have you do a test of some kind and they check their towers. I highly doubt it's the network though since it wouldn't explain the lagging of all three apps, but it's worth a shot.

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Thanks. I just deleted the data and cleared the cache and so far so good. The group texting issue will need to be checked tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Is there a texting app that works best with group messages, I really like go sms and would like to use that if at all possible.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Thanks. I just deleted the data and cleared the cache and so far so good. The group texting issue will need to be checked tomorrow. Thanks for your help. Is there a texting app that works best with group messages, I really like go sms and would like to use that if at all possible.

In all honesty, they all work the same. They just pull the same data. It is more of the interface and usability you want to look for. Go SMS is pretty good. I haven't used it in a while since I moved everything over to Hangouts but from what I hear from regular users it is a good replacement.

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Thanks again. Just reloaded go sms and all of my text messages were deleted. It's working though so I guess I can't complain.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Thanks again. Just reloaded go sms and all of my text messages were deleted. It's working though so I guess I can't complain.

Good. I meant to say that it would (and I'm a dumb dumb for not ><) but most of the stuff you do to fix things is erasing, but glad to see it working! Test it out and try out the group messaging and keep me updated!

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Thanks. No worries I am just glad it's working right now. The big test will be tomorrow and I will keep you posted. Thanks again!

OP
tennislvr8

tennislvr8

Reaction score
Well it worked for one person. The others have yet to completely delete me, all text messages and phone number and readd me. Thanks

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Do yourself a favor and call Apple support.

Our iMessage fiasco didn't end until a representative checked everything on their end.

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Do yourself a favor and call Apple support.

Our iMessage fiasco didn't end until a representative checked everything on their end.

I can personally attest to that! Although the first thing they may have you try first is the website anyways so go try it and then give Apple a call. Just don't ask for me ;)