Stock phone -Fastboot Flash mode (s) (Boot Failure) screen

jigawatt

Reaction score
Stock "recertified" phone from Verizon (i'm on #4 now), and I'm sick of this screen. Why am I getting this screen? I can't find anything elsewhere that people are getting this screen unless they tried to root. All I can assume is that someone tried to root the phone, failed misearably, and tried to reset to normal.

I work at a facility where it is mandatory to have devices off unless in a specific area, so I experience this screen daily and I'm sick of the lack of support from non-corporate "verizon" stores.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

xavez87

Reaction score
I encountered the same problem too, but it was after I upgraded to a leak ICS and rooted. Phone works but I will encounter that screen when I try to access recovery.

I manage to fix it using Titanium Backup. I created a reboot widget on the homescreen and rebooted into recovery when given the choice.

Yes, you need to be rooted to use Titanium backup but the process is easy. Just download the Droid 4 utility, Gingerbread fastboot files, run the .bat and select the root your phone option. There're guides in the Droid 4 hacks subforum

OP
J

jigawatt

Reaction score
i have absolutely no intentions to root my phone.