ap fastboot failure... need help

davian2012

Reaction score
My droid Razr got ap fastboot failure after I root it. every booting it show ap fastboot failure n stuck on this screen. so now every booting I have to push power,volume up ,volume down at the same time.how can I fix this... I'm running on job.

hillmom

Reaction score
I've been looking into this. What exactly did you do? Can you give more details?

Reaction score
My droid Razr got ap fastboot failure after I root it. every booting it show ap fastboot failure n stuck on this screen. so now every booting I have to push power,volume up ,volume down at the same time.how can I fix this... I'm running on job.

Did you figure this out? I am in same boat.

hillmom

Reaction score
I suggest you grab the RAZR Utility for your phone, and version of android and flash the fastboot files.

From the M

cyrixleong

Reaction score

Can u still go in Ap fast boot? if can then your phone is OK to using RSD lite to flash back to stock rom via your PC.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction score
I've tried flashing the latest files I could find - as well as some old one - no luck.. "Recipe Failure" every time. This is the latest file I tried

cdma_spyder_9.8.2O-72_VZW-16_1ff.xml

Do you have a good stock rom I can try?

hillmom

Reaction score
I've tried flashing the latest files I could find - as well as some old one - no luck.. "Recipe Failure" every time. This is the latest file I tried

cdma_spyder_9.8.2O-72_VZW-16_1ff.xml

Do you have a good stock rom I can try?

What phone do you have exactly and what version of android are you on?

From the M

Reaction score
I have the xt912 - RZR MAXX on Verizon - last version that worked was the OTA that was recently pushed since I had lost root - I think it was 4.1.2 or 4.2.2 - one of those.

I tried to root that and it was all down hill from there. I received a failure to flash message and have not been able to get the phone working since then. I can get into recovery however and I have bee wiping / flashing from recovery and through RSD in hopes that something will stick but I get "recipe failure" on the phone in fastboot but "finished / PASS" through RSD - in recovery the installation is "aborted"

I really think it needs to be completely wiped and start from scratch through adb but I an not comfortable in that - but I could do it with some instructions if you have some.

Last edited:

hillmom

Reaction score
It would be 4.1.2 on your device, It hasn't revived 4.2.2 OTA (and probably wont).

You have 2 options on Fastbooting.

1) THIS Utility

2) RSD Lite
Current version HERE
Make sure you have the current drivers for your phone
Download 4.1.2 fastbootfiles from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_spyder/list.php. Make sure you check MD5 SUM!

In both cases make sure you are using a Motorola cable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It would be 4.1.2 on your device, It hasn't revived 4.2.2 OTA (and probably wont).

You have 2 options on Fastbooting.

1) THIS Utility

2) RSD Lite
Current version HERE
Make sure you have the current drivers for your phone
Download 4.1.2 fastbootfiles from Droid-Developers SBF. Make sure you check MD5 SUM!

In both cases make sure you are using a Motorola cable.

Check "md5 sum"? - I am not sure what that means. I am using a "factory cable" that I had to make since my battery is dead.