DROID4 AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)

fern1400

Reaction score
New to the forum, my rooted Droid 4 gives me the following message after I changed icons via ROM Toolbox Pro and rebooted.

It now stops at a screen that states the following:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)
0A.6C
To return to normal mode - first press power key to power down

Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Invalid CG OTV (CG: system); Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: system, status: 0X0056)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: system)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I've tried doing as it says and power down and then have tried booting in the various modes by depressing both volume buttons and hitting the power button getting you to the Boot mode screen:
-Normal Powerup
-Recovery
-AP Fastboot
-BP SBF Flash
-BP Only
-BP HW Diag & Boot AP
-BP Tools

All of them take me back to the "AP Fastboot Flash Mode (S) (Boot Failure)" screen.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue?

Thanks

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Not without an FXZ file. Which we don't have access to yet. So at this point you have a brick.

OP
F

fern1400

Reaction score
Not without an FXZ file. Which we don't have access to yet. So at this point you have a brick.

Thanks - so basically the only option I have is to take it back to Verizon and see if they'll give me a replacement.

mwdsonny

Reaction score
I had that happen after I tried to install the artic.the phone froze so I tried restoring a backup from safestrap(not switch back to unsafe mode) and it did that after the phone rebooted. Took it back to best buy (where I purchased the phone) they took it back and gave me a new one. Don't think they looked as hard as verizon will. Also had the bestbuy black tie plan. So it was under there insurance.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
Were you using safestrap at the time? Did you change something on a non-deodexed rom? Icons cannot be changed on a stock odexed system without causing issues. If a boot failure can occur and circumvent safestrap than people should be warned not to use rom manager until someone can leak us the fastboot files.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mwdsonny

Reaction score
I had a back up of the stock non safe side and tried to install the artic on the safe side. Phone froze on boot. Nothing started. No dualcore splash screen or anything. Phone wouldn't shut down so I pulled the battery. I know not supposed to. Replaced battery and phone boooted with safe strap, but I used root uninstall to delete stock bloatware a few days earlier, but I had a safestrap backup from as clean a start as I could. (Rooted safestrap install).not even logged into google. So when the artic failed I decided that Iwanted to go back completely stock so did a restore and choose yes to replace webtop. Then when it finished restoring it said reboot so I did and got that error. And yes I switched back to the unsafe side before restoring. I kinda thought it was from the battery pull.

B-Unit

Reaction score
:blink: Ummm, did you completely disassemble your phone to do that pull?

Kack

Reaction score
this happened to me a week ago. i let the phone completely dir and then charged it up and booted into safestrap.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I think that the battery pull is what killed it. I know it sometimes takes longer than i like on the initial boot if a new rom.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mwdsonny

Reaction score
No didn't completely disassemble, just a few screws and a lil tape. And battery was out