Still losing 3G/4G???

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Try looking at Data Manager in Settings!! I found the one box 'data using mobile network' unchecked on it's own after I checked it. That may be the latest bug.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

mleber

Reaction score
How would unchecking that help with the data loss issue? Spent an hour on the phone with verizon today. Ended up doing a factory reset based on their recommendation and it did nothing to help. I am at my wits end.

iamvietness

Reaction score
I had the same issue and went to a Verizon store. The manager there had a razr too and had the same problem. Informed me that a fix was suppose to be coming but no timeline. Maybe tech support would know?

ddfuji

Reaction score
How would unchecking that help with the data loss issue? Spent an hour on the phone with verizon today. Ended up doing a factory reset based on their recommendation and it did nothing to help. I am at my wits end.

trying reading the post again. he didnt say he unchecked it, he said it got unchecked.

Last edited:

mleber

Reaction score
I had the same issue and went to a Verizon store. The manager there had a razr too and had the same problem. Informed me that a fix was suppose to be coming but no timeline. Maybe tech support would know?

As usual, it depends who you get, right? Yesterday's tech support person was very nice, seemed knowledgable and had absolutely no idea that anyone had any issues with the RAZR. The first time I called I was told it was a know Moto issue with the Bionic and RAZR and that they were working on a fix. Guy at the Verizon store said it has nothing to do with Motorola, it's about the network. I live in 3g territory and haven't left today (home office) and I lost data today not even doing anything but answering a call. When I got off the call, I had no data and could not use the speech to text funtionality.

OP
Einsteindks

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Without my explicit consent?? Like HELL they can!!!!! So far, unfreezing that data manager application from them seems to be keeping things checked and connected.

bogginblazer

Reaction score
I just called verizon today I was at hold then a rec voice comes on says they can remotely fig out what's wrong with my phone press 1 for yes 2 for no.

We don't have flip phones any more they're computers. So yes they can with ur permission.