status7 error, cannot get any .zip to work

duramaxster

Reaction score
I am very new to this and have an issue. I hav e tried a number of things and think I need to unroot my phone. I am haviong trouble getting my phone to take any .zip changes.

I originally used the how to root in 10 minutes by "Mejdam" great video.
used unrevoked 2. (something) at a later time and them recently used the one from this site. ver 3

I have tried 3 differenty sd cards, formatted to fat32, loaded the PB31.IMG or whatever from "Mejdam" the saame file I used before to root and unroot.

I can get the phone into a backed up file to work from a backup in "Nandroid", but I need to get back to stock. HELP HELP HELP

Now I am stuck

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Oh lord... k if you you have the pb31img.zip on your phone reboot to the bootloader and the phone will do the work for you. And make sure whatever rom your flashing isn't a .zip.zip Make sure you have the extension shown on you windowz

Last edited:
OP
D

duramaxster

Reaction score
I have this file loaded on the sdcard PB31IMG.zip and it still says cant find the file, crappola, any other suggestions

OP
D

duramaxster

Reaction score
thank you for your assistance. here is the image of the screen shot, are there any other options???

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
depends on what your trying to do. are you wanting to go back to stock?

OP
D

duramaxster

Reaction score
I am trying to update the OTA or different roms, but nothing seems to load, I am getting errors in almost everything I do. cant change really anything, so I figured, if I started from scratch and do a backup up front, ill be good.

Is there a way to remove clockworkmod recovery from the incredible?

I just want a fresh start, but the image wont take

thank you in advance
Paul

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes you can remove CW recovery but honestly i don't think your issue lies in the recovery.

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Tell me what exactly you are trying to do. And sorry to say but im old with kids and going to bed. you have 10mins. if you are lookin for a stock pb31img.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?6p9icrcwazbtty8

put that on your sd and reboot to fastboot. the phone will fo the rest

Last edited:
OP
D

duramaxster

Reaction score
Thank you, I am trying your image now. I am wanting to take the phone back into verizon, tomorrow is my last day of the 30 day trial. This is only because, I cannot get any new mods to load, froyo, bugless beast anything

obededom

Reaction score
Thank you, I am trying your image now. I am wanting to take the phone back into verizon, tomorrow is my last day of the 30 day trial. This is only because, I cannot get any new mods to load, froyo, bugless beast anything

did you just say "bugless beast"?

because Pete's doesn't make the bb for the DInc

OP
D

duramaxster

Reaction score
Yes, I was not really committed to anyone or any system, just want a way to go back to stock. I am open for most any mod that works great,

Helps battery life, thethering, messaging, qwerty with voice, maybe clocking and smooth running, oh yea, doesnt reboot all the time, lol

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No. You are not getting what he is saying. BB will not work on the incredible as it was not made for it. As of right now i can count on one hand the number of roms available for the incredible. Most are not even posted on this site. The reason you could not load any rom is probably due to the fact they were not meant for your phone.

Droid Fiend | Beyond Addiction

Go there and you can find all the roms available for the incredible. We work with alot of the developers and when they update a rom, the site gets updated almost immediatley.

OP
D

duramaxster

Reaction score
OMG, really..... That explains most of the issues. I was able to get a skyraider froyo 1.9 installed lastnight, it seems to work pretty good. So help me out here, is there a place I can go that would give me the ROMs that actually work for the inc?

Thank you so much, ou guys are amazing

doug piston

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OMG, really..... That explains most of the issues. I was able to get a skyraider froyo 1.9 installed lastnight, it seems to work pretty good. So help me out here, is there a place I can go that would give me the ROMs that actually work for the inc?

Thank you so much, ou guys are amazing

I already posted it.

Droid Fiend | Beyond Addiction

On that site Click on the roms link.