Static in music headphones, Solved!

thefuzz

Reaction score
So i'm a music nut! I have/use Sleek Audio wireless headphones in the gym. From the beginning I noticed I was hearing tons of static, or perhaps more appropriately, electronic feedback in the phones.

Not sure if other ppl have experienced this, but simple solution, switch network to CDMA only, no LTE and voila, problem solved. Apparently switching between 3G and 4G was causing the issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

criwder

Reaction score
So i'm a music nut! I have/use Sleek Audio wireless headphones in the gym. From the beginning I noticed I was hearing tons of static, or perhaps more appropriately, electronic feedback in the phones.

Not sure if other ppl have experienced this, but simple solution, switch network to CDMA only, no LTE and voila, problem solved. Apparently switching between 3G and 4G was causing the issue.

I get bad tone specific and background static w my new razr. Almost a dealbreaker since i use it in quiet at work. Unfortunately your soljtion to turn off 4g doesnt work at all for me. Loud rocm music might not b a problem but any volume below half and any other music is fuzzy as hell. What does help a little is to turn off the audio effects

robbversion1

Reaction score
Yea i noticed this 'static/crackle' yesterday when playing a game at 60% volume. I lowered the volume and it seemed to go away. I wonder if this is a rare occurence and can be fixed if i return it to verizon for a new one.

criwder

Reaction score
Yea i noticed this 'static/crackle' yesterday when playing a game at 60% volume. I lowered the volume and it seemed to go away. I wonder if this is a rare occurence and can be fixed if i return it to vive already returned my erizon for a new one.

Ive already returned phone once when headphon jack stopped working entirely.
There is a fairly bad background static but the worse static accompanies certain tones. Take a piano piece. Theres bad distortion and static accompanying every note. So annoying. Worse the quieter the headphones are but still bad when volume as high as tolerable.

mikatronic

Reaction score
same issue

Yup. I have the same issue and confirmed the audio noise/crackling goes away exactly when I swith the phone to CDMA only. I'm returning my phone tonight. Not being able to listen to one's music while being connected to 4G is totally unacceptable and I'd be surprised if this bug doesn't become nearly as popular as the bug that came out with the iphone4. The one where the user's hand could block the antenna and drop the phone call.

No clue how the motorala engineers let this slip into the product. It completely ruins it for anyone remotely serious about listening to music!!!!!! Ahhhh. Otherwise it seemed like the perfect phone.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup. I have the same issue and confirmed the audio noise/crackling goes away exactly when I swith the phone to CDMA only. I'm returning my phone tonight. Not being able to listen to one's music while being connected to 4G is totally unacceptable and I'd be surprised if this bug doesn't become nearly as popular as the bug that came out with the iphone4. The one where the user's hand could block the antenna and drop the phone call.

No clue how the motorala engineers let this slip into the product. It completely ruins it for anyone remotely serious about listening to music!!!!!! Ahhhh. Otherwise it seemed like the perfect phone.
Motorola doesn't exactly have a great track record with music. The OG Droid's headphone jack, X2's music popping and skipping issues and the Bionic's high pitched noise.

X