Static when listening to music in car

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR M' started by silvereagle1988, Dec 28, 2012.

1. silvereagle1988

silvereagle1988 New Member

I was using the headphone jack and using a cable to the aux input jack in my car. I connected the phone to the car charger and plugged it into the cigarette lighter/aux charger input. Whenever I was listening to Pandora or music from SD card while the car was running I was getting static and general noises from the car engine. If I unhooked the car charger the noise would go away but when plugged back in the noise would return.

I went to my local Verizon store and they said that Verizon did not have a filter for this problem.

I went to Radio Shack and they have a product that costs about $3 to cure this problem. It is called a "Snap choke Core". It is a little piece of plastic that snaps over your car charger cable. Two come in a package. Two were needed on one car charger cable. There is no rewiring or anything... just a simple snap of plastic.

It helps prevent electric magnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI). It snaps over the coax, audio or AC Cord.

I got a18x29 5x5 5mm ferrite core.

The Radio Shack bar code is 0 40293 64760 6
  2. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

It's because you are causig an electrical interference. I believe. I'm sure someone else has a better suggestion, but I would just always charge them before I left, VZW and Motorola never seemed to get a long on this issuel
  3. mdsco

mdsco New Member

Also i read somewhere that the razr phones were having static when plugged into a speaker the solution seems to be to shut off the surround sound feature in settings.
Search tags for this page
car charger static in aux
droid m razr turning off surround sound

droid razr m surround sound

how change surround sound razor m

how to take motorola v3 surround sound off
how to turn off surround sound on droid phone

how to turn off surround sound on droid razr m

razr m surround sound

razr m turn off surround sound
static listeting to music from phome to car
turn off surround sound on razr m