Started with D1 --> Your Next Phone was?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
OGD
D2
Droid RAZR
Droid RAZR MAXX
Galaxy S4
Droid Pro (just temporary)
Droid 2 Global (also just temporary)
Droid MAXX

And I have a Moto X Developer edition as well... just for fun (at least initially). The nice thing is the Wireless Tether works! Complements of (also at least initially), one very generous and extremely kind individual who will remain nameless but you know who you are... And thank you! I just have to find a way to reciprocate.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NOVICE

Reaction score
Went from the OG Droid to Droid X - great phone, for it's time. :)

Have had my fair share of phones, but would agree that the Droid X was an outstanding device for the day.

Actually felt I went backwards when I next purchased the G Nexus for the ridiculous subsidized price of 299$.

It certainly started me on my obsession with ever increasing screen real estate.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
I love Motorola device have moto x,droid 4 and OG droid razr . Had razr m and thought it was best small mini device in 2012.

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Went from Droid to Bionic to S4 and tomorrow going to an S5. Samsungs are amazing.

Samsung is pretty overrated. When I had my original droid a855 . I had the original galaxy s didn't like it much . Sold it got the galaxy nexus didn't like much due to grainy screen and same for s3. I gave up on Samsung rooted and rommed out . I kinda love stock os since android 4.0 os on moto to 4.4 os .

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I have a love and hate affair on Motorola .
Review on my experience on their devices .
I had Motorola droid
Droid 2 global
Droid 3
Droid 4
Droid razr/bionic
Droid razr m
Photon q
And now the moto x.

Phone I hate from them was droid 3 because of camera issue on android 4.0 os on the rooted Rom. And the lack of support of the device.

I hate the droid x because it was laggy as hell on gingerbread. It was sucky and for some reason the droid 2 didn't have the same issue with the same component .

Motorola cliq is another device after being a good device maintenance update on the third update destroy the UI and kinda being buggy since in early 2010.

Droid 1 or a855 have and was the best android phone for roms . It was my backup and trust device till gave up on me a few months back from my July 2010 purchase.

Droid bionic was alright device . It basicly the droid 3 with 1 gb ram. And bigger screen.

Droid razr was and is the best device Motorola release since og droid in 2009. Love Kevlar and it design and the os was snappy and is. Rooting it easily hand down made me go to craigslist and pay $240 after 4 months of it release.

Droid 4 same can be said from my review on razr . It probably the best keyboard phone along with photon q as well for both Verizon and Sprint . Easy to root and kitkit roms seem stable with some buggy apps compability issue at times. Droid 4 is snappy on 4.0.4 os on 4.1 it alright..

Moto x receive it on trade via the s3/ps vita and all I can say it active notification,twist and turn camera launcher and touch control brought Motorola back to the game .

It great device and based on my DNA it performance better then it 1.5 ghz quad core and 441 ppi . 1080 p isn't that big of deal to me.

Last edited:

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Samsung is pretty overrated. When I had my original droid a855 . I had the original galaxy s didn't like it much . Sold it got the galaxy nexus didn't like much due to grainy screen and same for s3. I gave up on Samsung rooted and rommed out . I kinda love stock os since android 4.0 os on moto to 4.4 os .

Overrated? Maybe. But in my experience which is with the s4, that is stock, blows away all previous motos I had so I am sold. One was rooted which was fun but now I see no point. Plus all later phones have been more stable stock. I decided to keep my s4 because I like it so much and the 2 for one deal ended a couple days before we were upgrading.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
At moment everything work properly. The minute Samsung stop supporting you. U can guarantee that any Roms beyond Samsung update will be glitchy or slow and painful. I try flashing kitkit Roms and it wasnt great experience on siii. Meaning the s4 will be in the same boat in next update in late 2014. Which is and will be the last update officially .

Overrated? Maybe. But in my experience which is with the s4, that is stock, blows away all previous motos I had so I am sold. One was rooted which was fun but now I see no point. Plus all later phones have been more stable stock. I decided to keep my s4 because I like it so much and the 2 for one deal ended a couple days before we were upgrading.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

RemyL75

Reaction score
D1》D2》DX》HTC Thunderbolt》Bionic》Electrfy》Droid Razr》Galaxy S3》Note 2》Note 3.
Honorable mentions... D3, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 and Samsung Captivate

Sent from my VZW Galaxy Note 3