Start fresh?

celt

Reaction score
If I was having some problems with my install of Liberty (camera) and I wanted to start fresh, what steps would I need to take?

I have a restore image that i created before i flashed Liberty, but even with that the Liberty screen shows up on reboot. I am functional and have root with this but i want to try going back to factory and then re rooting and seeing if liberty will work properly then. At the very least I would like to start fresh for 1.5 when it is released.

I have rsdlite and ive tried running the VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf file but it wont allow me to run it in rsdlite some reason.
I can get the BL_D235_cdma_droid2_Consumer_replacer_HSPart.sbf to run, but then I cant get a good rom to replace with update.zip

Thanks in advance.

DroidMakesPwn

Reaction score
If u want to keep phone the same but just get rid of liberty boot image. Reinstall liberty, change boot stuff, then restore your backup. Seems like it would help.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jay_d_

Reaction score
I had tons of problems with rsdlite myself (windows 7) and searched for a long time to try to get it to work. You may need to move the sbf file to the root of your hd (c:\). Make sure you have the latest version of rsdlite and the motorola drivers.

That said, I never got it to work. I had to use sbf_flash with a linux live cd provided on xda-forums. Search for that and you should be able to find it. I believe the live cd was provided by darkonion.

Since going to the live cd, I've been able to sbf a number of times (I often like to get a completely fresh start). Make sure to do a factory reset, too (settings, privacy, factory reset) after you sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

miketoasty

Reaction score
I find that SBFing is quite easy. Make sure you Google for motoconnect drivers which most people get wrong. There are Motorola drivers but they do not work with the phone in boot loader only the motoconnect drivers do. Other than that its just putting your phone in boot loader and finding the correct .sbf file.

sgtguthrie

Reaction score
I had tons of problems with rsdlite myself (windows 7) and searched for a long time to try to get it to work. You may need to move the sbf file to the root of your hd (c:\). Make sure you have the latest version of rsdlite and the motorola drivers.

That said, I never got it to work. I had to use sbf_flash with a linux live cd provided on xda-forums. Search for that and you should be able to find it. I believe the live cd was provided by darkonion.

Since going to the live cd, I've been able to sbf a number of times (I often like to get a completely fresh start). Make sure to do a factory reset, too (settings, privacy, factory reset) after you sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have a link for the thread with that livecd? Thanks in advance...

Edit:
Found it, thanks