Stands Up and says...

pcs800

Reaction score
My name is pcs800 and I am a new droidaholic...

[crowd] hi pcs800

Now that that's out of the way.. My wife bought herself and I both an HTC Hero about a month ago. I love mine, but she's not so techie and since the reception on it is horrid compared to her previous Razr 2, she is thinking of returning it.

I started looking for a way to boost signal on these things, which led me all over the planet without answers. Now someone is suggestion to root the phones and install a custom OS like this. Will that give me the ability to push more voltage at the internal receiver or something of the sort???

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My name is pcs800 and I am a new droidaholic...

[crowd] hi pcs800

Now that that's out of the way.. My wife bought herself and I both an HTC Hero about a month ago. I love mine, but she's not so techie and since the reception on it is horrid compared to her previous Razr 2, she is thinking of returning it.

I started looking for a way to boost signal on these things, which led me all over the planet without answers. Now someone is suggestion to root the phones and install a custom OS like this. Will that give me the ability to push more voltage at the internal receiver or something of the sort???

:welcome: to the Droid Forums.

hmmm signal issues. Well, have you updated your PRL's? Try *228 option 2 and see if that doesn't help you out.

How bad is this signal issue? Is she getting dropped calls? Does it happen in all locations? It could be a tower issue. If you're getting a good signal in one are and bad in another you can have Verizon do a trouble ticket for you. Call customer service if that's the case and explain it to them.

OP
pcs800

pcs800

Reaction score
We are not on verizon. I cannot do a *228
Our provider is local, but same provider as we have had for years. All other phones in the past have had great signal.
My signal sucks too but I like the phone so much I don't care :) Yes we gets dropped calls, etc.

OP
pcs800

pcs800

Reaction score
Nothing? Maybe I am in the wrong place. I was looking at bugless beast as a rom, it lead me here for forums, does anyone know anything about it? I really need some help here, I am obviously a noob at this. But I am also an IT expert so it should come easily.