Need help with questions for Razr m

SurfaceKid

Reaction score
I apologize for bothering you all but i am so annoyed at the moment.

I have posted this around a bit because I am a bit frustrated so much over a phone that is not even mine.

My mother broker her OG Droid Razr maxx last week from dropping it so since I am the tech guy at home she wanted my help to get a new phone...

Friday she added a line to her account....and got a GS3....She loved the phone and the colors(eye roll) but the phone had horrible reception which Samsung is known for. Call Quality was awful and she was willing to settle for it. Of course she'll settle now but i refuse to deal with her calling me for the next 2 years complaining about her phone....so i convinced her to take it back.

Monday We got a Droid DNA by HTC.....again she loved the way it looks and the colors and the sense animations(eye roll again)....Except once again she had crappy service.....it is better than the GS3 in the sense it doesn't drop calls but the call quality is crap...People can't hear her and she can't hear them.

We've already exchanged the phone once...so I am praying Best buy will let us exchange it one last time...I know they are sick of my face and I am sick of being there in best buy.

My mother is not a power user...this is partially my fault. Her droid razr maxx seem to perform well and i rarely heard her complain about it...But i wanted my mom to have a good phone that is going to be supported hence me choosing the GS3 and DNA since they were newer...but both were crap.

So it is obvious that Motorola is our best bet since where she lives it is extremely rural...trees surround the back of the house....
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 on ATT and i only get 1 bar of service but I never drop calls.....

The Droid RAZR series is what i am looking at...

However

I have been doing research on the Razr M(been spendign the past few hours on google)

1. There is an Iphone like antennagate thing where you hold it at the bottom...you can lose reception

2. Screen turns purple

3. Signal reception is flakier compared to the Original Droid Razr(1st gen) and the newer big brothers(the HD generation)

What issues are there with the Droid RAZR M that have yet to be fixed?

Again my mother is NOT a power user...so should i just get her this or pay the 50 bucks and get her the Droid HD?

monstermanhbf

Reaction score
Website
www.hpibajaforum.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung S7
Well all I can say is I've had my RAZR M for almost 2 months and I have yet to experience any of those things you listed.. I love my RAZR M and coming from a Droid 3 I am not complaining :icon_ banana:

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
No problems here. I'd say it isn't quite as good reception-wise as some Motorolas I've had, but that still makes it better than most phones. It's rare I don't have a signal. Call quality and sound on both ends is excellent however.
Battery-wise it is pretty awesome. Last charge lasted 1 day 5 hours and I'd call myself a medium to heavy user(no music, little video use) but I tend to play turn-based(Words With Friends type) games a good bit.

Last edited:

YOBZack

Reaction score
I love my RAZR M as well have not any thing like that happen. I got to the rural areas as well no issues yet for me Thank goodness.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Locally on 4G I've had some speed tests top 50Mbps! 56.69 is the best so far.

pdaniel219

Reaction score
I love my RazrM. I'm still excited about it 2 months later. No problems at all. Reception is great. The thing flies! The battery is awesome as well. I can get 2 days out of a charge if I watch what's going on. And I use it a lot! I can't recommend this phone enough. I never considered Motorola before, but now I'm a complete convert.