Our first 24+ hours with the Droid X (vs. Incredible)

ninjabox

Reaction score
In you OP. I completly agree with the case isuee with pressing the power button. Everthing else about the case I love, it fits the phone perfect, the volume and camre buttons still work perfect even though they are coveres, all the ports and mics are open, it doesn't stick when I slid in in or out of my pocket. But that stupid power button is a PIA to press.

OP
AzJazz

AzJazz

Reaction score
Update 3:

21 Hours after light use, and the battery is dead. It's worse than my Droid, but better than the DI.

Wife is NOT happy. :(

Tonight's quote: "If I have to charge it twice a day, you might as well return it."

She's absolutely right, and I really can't argue with that logic.

There's going to be another battery purchase in the near future. Thank goodness we have a generous VZW accessory discount from my employer.

AzJazz

Orionalias

Reaction score
OP, quick question...what charging media dock for the Incredible? my understanding was the dock was cancelled before it was put on the market. did you actually find one? i'm between the X and the Incredible and if the DI has a dock, much like the DX or origial Droid, than that would help sway me.

great writeup!

Phillipsave

Reaction score
AzJazz, I'm not sure I understand the X battery problem if it lasted 21 hours. If your wife keeps it charged overnight, and goes for 21 hours from the time she wakes up, she won't need another charge until 3 hours before she has to wake up the following morning. She would only have to charge it twice a day if she got less than 3 hours sleep, assuming the same wake/sleep cycle. Am I missing something?

Last edited:

tktouch12

Reaction score
I think the incredible is lightyears ahead of the X. Sense ui is so great and the phone as hardware looks so much nicer. The battery is a valid concern (I know its bad) but everything about the incredible is better. But I think in order to be as obsesed with sense as I am you have to do what I did: go from a sense phone to a plain android ui (the droid) and you suddenly discover what you had

soba1

Reaction score
I actually prefer the hard buttons vs the touch of the OG Droid! I am sure it depends on hand size but I can operate with one hand no problem. I also can see them from a ways off.

If you read the op's intro in the first paragraph I can sense that he is a geezer or pre-geezer, like myself (the 50 plus crowd).
If that being the case I can see where he would have trouble seeing
the buttons far away. I myself have that problem if I need to use
my phone while driving if it is dark.
But I still prefer the physical buttons over the soft buttons for
one simple reason.
I love playing Raging Thunder2 and often times I would press the home
screen button on my original Droid while playing because it was right
next to the boost button and of course it would knock me outa of the
game. Also overall with the hard physical buttons u are less likely to
accidently press the navigation buttons period, which for me makes
a much better user experience.
To the op nice rerview, very well written.
Thanks

rolandct

Reaction score
I think the incredible is lightyears ahead of the X. Sense ui is so great and the phone as hardware looks so much nicer. The battery is a valid concern (I know its bad) but everything about the incredible is better. But I think in order to be as obsesed with sense as I am you have to do what I did: go from a sense phone to a plain android ui (the droid) and you suddenly discover what you had

I used to love Sense too with WinMo then I saw what a hog it was. The only two people I know with an Inc have gone with Stock because it dramatically improved battery use (they couldn't get through a half of day). My X still outlasts his Inc on stock and we're both heavy users. So I think making broad statements on performance based on one person's opinion (including mine) or just your own experience isn't valid. It's like eating at a restaurant and not liking a dish, doesn't mean the dish is bad, just means you don't like it. I don't think any of us have any way to gauge objectively how popular the Inc is versus X is besides maybe sales numbers (since they're both the same price and on the same carrier). Of course I have no idea what those numbers are.
So unless you have some objective facts/data that covers thousands of users (at least) it is just personal opinion at best and trolling at worst (not you, just some of the other threads I've seen in the X forum by Inc users).

OP
AzJazz

AzJazz

Reaction score
Bump...azjazz...what media dock?

Orionalias - we never purchased a dock, since we weren't sure if we would keep the DI. There may not be a dock available.

Soba1 - I'd like to think of myself as a pre-pre-geezer. My wife may have a different opinion, tho. I don't wear glasses anymore (Lasik w00t!), but my eyes don't work as well as when they were factory installed.

I did some more experiments, and turning off Wifi notifications (or off entirely) seemed to help battery life quite a bit. Removing unused social widgets from the desktop also may have helped.

AzJazz

- Sent over VZW via my Borg implant.