Stable ICS Roms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmdubois

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was having luck with any of the current ICS builds, specifically regarding data and connectivity. I had very few problems with some of the early Axiom and CM9 builds (those that were released a couple of months ago), but since updating them and trying new ones, I can't find one that holds data the way the earlier builds did. I'd like to roll back, but it appears (on DroidHive) that the links have been removed.

Is anyone having sustained success with any of the current builds? And, just out of curiosity, does anyone know why these more recent builds are struggling with data drops in ways the earlier versions weren't? Seems odd.

Thanks!

Jawbone

Reaction score
My wife has been running the Gummy Resurrection ROM for a few weeks as her daily driver. No video playback or recording but both cameras now work and it has a consistent data connection.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
Sit tight. None of the ICS ROMS are fully functional. Not enough to use daily. People ESP fanboys will respond saying "it works great for me"but if you want everything to work the way it should, no ICS ROM is close. It'll b after the official release of ICS. If you want a preview, run one tho.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

Jawbone

Reaction score
Sit tight. None of the ICS ROMS are fully functional. Not enough to use daily. People ESP fanboys will respond saying "it works great for me"but if you want everything to work the way it should, no ICS ROM is close. It'll b after the official release of ICS. If you want a preview, run one tho.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

I do not even know what ESP stands for or if you are calling me a fan boy but instead of telling him nothing works, maybe tell him what is not close about ICS roms and let him decide? I would personally like to know as well since I am using one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

libertus77

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't say they're not close. It's all a matter of preference. The ROM threads are full of discussions about what does and doesn't work. I ran gummy 0.8.3 for about 5 days and enjoyed it. I have a nice Android of my setup in case I want to play again. I switched back to Eclipse 2.2 yesterday because it is also awesome and I personally wanted to return to the freedom to watch videos and play games when I feel like it.

So, for now I play with pics on my Nook because it's nice and takes V6 without messing with my button app.

Anyway, sorry. I know the Gummy is nice and stable, but the others aren't bad either. Read the threads and decide based on preferences. I have been amazed at how memory efficient they all seem to be even with no supercharger assistance.

Sent from my NookColor flavored Ice Cream Sandwich using Tapatalk

HavoC

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone was having luck with any of the current ICS builds, specifically regarding data and connectivity. I had very few problems with some of the early Axiom and CM9 builds (those that were released a couple of months ago), but since updating them and trying new ones, I can't find one that holds data the way the earlier builds did. I'd like to roll back, but it appears (on DroidHive) that the links have been removed.

Is anyone having sustained success with any of the current builds? And, just out of curiosity, does anyone know why these more recent builds are struggling with data drops in ways the earlier versions weren't? Seems odd.

Thanks!

I know what you mean, I recently installed the latest Gummy and for some reason couldn't get any kind of data connection even tho the previous version (0.8.2 I think) worked perfectly. I decided to go back to the latest nightly of AOKP just because I like the customization options (lock screen, etc.) and overall I've had a better experience in terms of performance on the AOKP roms.

I'd recommend trying AOKP if you haven't yet, but each ICS rom has something to offer so try em all and see what work best for you. As long as you're doing everything in safestrap, you can always go back to stock easily if you mess something up.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Eclipse 2.2 has been working so well for me, I have no rush to update. Eclipse should be able to get me to this summer and maybe the quad core phones......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

th3absurdhero

Reaction score

Sent from my Iced Bionic

ha speak for yourself i think peoples complaining gets out more then the positive ESP fanboy or whatever the hell your're talking about. A few week ago i would have completely agreed with you but with the amount of hard work developers have been putting on these roms your statements only show me your ignorance these roms are dam near perfection. I don't know if im lucky but ive been running AOKP Axiom as my daily driver for about a week no connection drops, wifi works consistently as well, youtube video works but only on high quality, and cameras function perfectly fine now. id suggest putting it on safemode and leaving whatever floats your boat on safeoff ...i have yet to find a reason to switch back to gingerbread "stable roms" im overall happy with the progress of ICS for the bionic and people should stop complaining because 9 times out of 10 they mess things up by not following simple insturctions.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
See. Like i said, the fan boys who can't wait for a fully functional ROM will always say everything on the beta's work for them. :rolleyes:

Keep your patience cap on OP. The ROMs get better each day but are not ready for prime time yet.

Sent from my Iced Bionic

Last edited:

kamisan

Reaction score
ICS build I am running right now is B15 of Axiom and video playback works, video recording does not. Camera works, front facing camera works, data (since B15) has been good. (B13 and down were a little spotty) Speed is good, apps that I use all work except for video recording.. for me once the video codecs get worked out it will be great. I am using it as a daily driver and its working. Exchange is working using K9 email (stock probably does but it was giving me fits)
base I am running is 901, didnt see a great need for 902.
Fanboy, not really- I waited till this last week to start running ICS, it needed to get better and it did.

coldhardtruth

Reaction score
ICS build I am running right now is B15 of Axiom and video playback works, video recording does not. Camera works, front facing camera works, data (since B15) has been good. (B13 and down were a little spotty) Speed is good, apps that I use all work except for video recording.. for me once the video codecs get worked out it will be great. I am using it as a daily driver and its working. Exchange is working using K9 email (stock probably does but it was giving me fits)
base I am running is 901, didnt see a great need for 902.
Fanboy, not really- I waited till this last week to start running ICS, it needed to get better and it did.

The data speeds over 4G and Wifi are terrible on .90x ICS 4.0.3 ROMS compared to eclipse.

Ics roms won't break 10mbps down. Eclipse does 20+mbps down. (assuming your in a good 4G area and can afford a decent internet connection)

ICS ROMS are good for a BETA preview like I've said but not as a daily driver. (unless your a cosmetic over functionality fanboy)

They wont be ready until after an official ICS release for the bionic.

Sent from my AKOP ICS Bionic

Last edited:

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
The data speeds over 4G and Wifi are terrible on .90x ICS 4.0.3 ROMS compared to eclipse.

Ics roms won't break 10mbps down. Eclipse does 20+mbps down.

ICS ROMS are good for a BETA preview like I've said but not as a daily driver. (unless your a cosmetic over functionality fanboy)

you're beginning to sound like an eclipse fan boy btw

ive been running b15 axiom since it released and 4g lte speeds here in miami consistently range between 12-15 mbps
you shouldnt generalize all ics roms as having "terrible" data speeds because results vary by location
yes ics roms are not perfect but as a daily driver it works perfectly fine i found just as much issues with stock as beta ics to be honest

Reaction score
Yea the ICS rom's as pretty good, I think that axiom is the best personally but there are a few bugs yet and these will be gone with a legit source to work with. The devs have done an amazing job so far with what they have to work with. I ran one for a week and then went back to eclipse until more gets fixed.

"But WHY THE RUM?!!"

DROID11

Reaction score

Ics roms won't break 10mbps down. Eclipse does 20+mbps down. (assuming your in a good 4G area and can afford a decent internet connection)

This may be the case in your opinion, but in my opinion, gummy 0.9 works perfect for me. The video camera doesn't work, other than that it's faster, another, better looking, and more intuitive than eclipse. My data speeds have improved from eclipse to this. I flashed gummy a few weeks ago and initially had some problems, but been flagged again about 3 - 4 days ago it's been flawless since. Don't get me wrong, eclipse is nice and when there are official stable ics roms I hope they have one because that'd be my daily driver, but ATM I'd prefer ics over any GB ROM.

OP - give gummy a try. Be sure to wipe data completely before flashing it and before booting up, flash gapps. Don't let Google restore your apps for you, back them up on titanium backup then restore them. This ROM is fantastic especially for a beta ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.