SPRecovery wont read update.zip

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Im rooting my phone and for some reason it tells me install failed and that the update.zip cant be found.I dropped it on the root of my sd card Im wondering why my Droid isint reading it..Any suggestions?

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Ok i renamed it dropped it back on my SD card and am gonna try again

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What ROM are you trying to flash? Some links are for Clockwork only, and regardless if the file name is correct, the update will fail every time.

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Its telling me no such file or directory and Installation Aborted...But the bar is still moving.Should I let it go?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
No the install aborted...just reboot and make sure the update.zip is not named update.zip.zip and also make sure that the file is not meant to be used with rom manager.

Link the rom/thread that you are trying to flash so that people can assist you better.

Sent from my Droid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If your sure there is only one ".zip" extension and that there is only one update.zip file on your SD card, I would download the update.zip again and start over.

Mike

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
THis one How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make sure you only have 1 update.zip file on your SD card.

I would remove any from your SD card now. Then redownload the update.zip from the post. Rename it simply by deleting all characters before "update.zip". Place on the root of your SD card. (i.e. not in any folders)

OP
DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes

Reaction score
Just did....I also searched my sd card for any other update.zip files and it didnt show anything...Redropped the update.zip now trying again.