spare phone???

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Curious... If i were to outright buy a phone .. no contract or anything say from ebay or where ever i decide to get a spare phone . . does it need to be activated inorder to use it as a test dummy? Or can i use it just like an activated phone .. minus the stuff i need a connection for?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Think you can use it on wifi and as a test dummy if you want. Although, imo theres no real reason to. Its about impossible to actually brick one (short of mixing radio files or something like that) of these phones since we have the sbf file.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

OP
kickyindahead

kickyindahead

Reaction score
Think you can use it on wifi and as a test dummy if you want. Although, imo theres no real reason to. Its about impossible to actually brick one (short of mixing radio files or something like that) of these phones since we have the sbf file.

Sent from my Fissioned D2G

yes, thank the droid gods for the sbf.. i was just curious because i want to try out different roms but being that my cell phone is my only means of communication .. no land line... i want something that i can test dummy with while i still have my normal phone...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
yes, thank the droid gods for the sbf.. i was just curious because i want to try out different roms but being that my cell phone is my only means of communication .. no land line... i want something that i can test dummy with while i still have my normal phone...

I understand, we don't have a landline either. Really isnt a reason to since all 3 of us (me, my mom, and her bf) have cell phones. Its annoying when i do something and have to sbf and my mom tries to call while im sbf'ing. She gets kinda mad at me when i tell her it went to voicemail because i bricked my phone again.....

OP
kickyindahead

kickyindahead

Reaction score

I understand, we don't have a landline either. Really isnt a reason to since all 3 of us (me, my mom, and her bf) have cell phones. Its annoying when i do something and have to sbf and my mom tries to call while im sbf'ing. She gets kinda mad at me when i tell her it went to voicemail because i bricked my phone again.....

That's what im worried about... bricking, y phone and then hours later finding out that I missed something important. Mainly worried that my daughter or my parents can't get ahold of me for some reason ... most other people I could really care less. But I can use wifi on a spare phone correct?

TwoBuells

Reaction score
My D2G is my main phone. I have a Droid as my backup that is not activated. Its Running Chevy01 SS Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Over WiFi I can surf the net, check email, listen to Pandora, SiriusXM Radio, many MP3’s……and how many MP3 players have Bluetooth built in. I use a set of Motorola SD9 Stereo headphones. If I’m working in the Yard, garage, etc. its great not having wires hanging out of your ears from ear bud speakers to get caught on something. My spare Droid does everything my D2G does, except calls and texts......